Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Life is Good!

Hello everyone! I hope ya'll had a great Memorial Day weekend! God Bless the past, present, and future Soldiers!

Michael and I had a pretty enjoyable weekend!

One of my exciting moments was my last Friday working until 6pm and working the last Saturday we will be open. Starting today, our hours have cut back big time! I oficially have "Bankers Hours"! I think I will get used to it just fine... ;) 

Friday we decided to look into getting some new tile to re-do the bathroom and entry way floors. I stopped on my way home from work at a local shop. The owner had given us a gift certificate for a wedding gift so we thought we would use it! He had some really nice stuff as well as great prices! I picked out the tile for two of the bathrooms and headed home. Surprisingly, Michael approved what I picked out! :) We relaxed for the evening since the rest of our weekend was going to be busy!

Saturday after I got home from work we headed to Port Huron to run some errands and do some shopping. On our way home we stopped at my little sister's 14th Birthday party. There was lots of people and great food! Oh and a delicious DQ ice cream cake! When we got home, Michael and Rick began the project of re-doing my bathroom floor. After several beers and 5 hours later, it was finally complete! It looks great! I'll share some pictures as we finish the rest of the rooms....

Sunday was a productive day around the house before we went to Grindstone to visit our friends at the campground. While we were there, we of course had to go to the General Store to get some ice cream! The line was wrapped around the store, out the door, and partially down the road! They are known for the largest cones in the Thumb. Afterwards we sat around the bonfire and visited. It was a great time!







Yesterday we started the day at 5am and went fishing on Lake Huron with Michael's brother, Derek. It was a beautiful morning. I was pretty tired so I took a couple naps. Lol. The guys made fun of me of course! Michael caught a Lake Trout and Derek caught a King Salmon.








LIFE IS GOOD!!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment