- Give yourself plenty of time to get ready and take pictures throughout the evening! I totally regret not having our wedding earlier in the afternoon and not having enough time in between the ceremony and reception to take pictures. Which therefore meant we kept leaving the reception to go take pictures since we hadn't gotten many before the reception. Which in turn meant we were taking time away from visiting our guests and dancing!
** Heavy (very heavy) breathing **
** My Dad asking me if I'm going to be okay **
** More heavy breathing **
** A friend in the back row giving me the rockstar symbol **
** Me telling my Dad to SLOOOOOW down **
** Chewing on gum like a cow **
** Oh there's Michael! Look he did listen to me and gel his hair! He cleans up so nice! **
** Music in the background **
** A couple more heart racing and breathing heavy moments **
** My Dad giving me away **
** Michael practically dragging me to the alter because I couldn't move that fast **
** And then relief! **
- Have a list of MUST HAVE pictures to give your photographer and request that he/she doesn't leave until they are all completed! I did give my photographer a list and she loved it! However, a very important one on the list was missed... I didn't get a picture with each individual bridesmaid. To this day, I am still devestated about it. My mind was so busy that I never thought about it. But I can't believe someone else didn't realize it. Especially out of 7 bridesmaids!
- Bring your own camera to the reception! I did not get any pictures with my guests because I didn't think to bring my phone or a small camera. Some of those people I see on a yearly (if that) basis. Not to mention that it was a once in a lifetime picture moment. A group picture of all the grandkids would have been nice... or us with our aunts and uncles, or us with our God parents, or a group picture of all my high school girlfriends because Lord knows we're never together at the same time anymore. Yes, I am a picture fanatic. If you are too, do yourself a favor and bring a camera to take your own fun/random pictures throughout the evening. Or maybe ask a friend to take some photos for you!
- Designate someone to help set up the last minute details!! My florist came a couple hours before the wedding and I had ordered some extra flower stems to put around some of the centerpieces. I did this to save money and taking care of the centerpieces myself was a huge cost cutter. However, I didn't think about the "time" it was going to take to set those last minute flowers up. So when us girls all got to the hall to get dressed, I also had to find time to cut the flower stems and place there where I needed them. No one knew exactly what I was envisioning or what pictures I had gotten ideas from, therefore, I was running around doing them on my own. Eventually, one of the bridesmaids understood the look I was going for and took over for me. Next thing I knew, an hour had went by. I wish I would have thought to designate someone to take care of the final details of set up!
- Photobooth's are great! We loved ours and so did our guests! However, if your going to have one, put it close to the dance floor rather than across the room. Because if people are going to spend their time around the photobooth, they are definitely not going to keep walking back and forth to go to the dancefloor!