Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Keepin' Busy in the Kitchen

Hello friends!

I've been busy in the kitchen cooking yummy recipes and harvesting our produce from the garden!

A friend of mine shared an idea that she would be picking one dinner recipe to make off her Pinterest at least one night a week otherwise all those delicious meals were never going to get made! I loved that idea! So I thought I'd start trying the same thing! I also decided that this would work well with using all the delicious recipes that I recieved at my bridal shower from friends and family!

In the past week, I've mixed up family recipes from my recipe book and Pinterest recipes. I made Apple Betty dessert from my Mother-in-law, Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili from Pinterest, and Stuffed Chicken Wrapped in Bacon that a friend shared!

They were all delicious and successful!

Check out the Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili Recipe HERE

I've also kept busy with harvesting more corn from our garden as well as all the tomatoes! I think I canned enough salsa to get us through next year! 
Mmm... ain't nothing like homemade salsa! Tomatoes, green peppers, and jalapenos are all from our garden! It's super easy to make! Maybe just a little time consuming! But it's so worth it! With the next batch of tomatoes, I'm going to do spaghetti sauce! Yum!

Do you make homemade salsa?! Any favorite recipes?! I'd love to hear about it!

We also picked another laundry basket full of sweet corn and harvested that! So far we have 24 quart bags in the freezer of corn.

Other than squash, tomatoes, and sweet corn, I think our garden is about finished! I've made some notes about what I'd like to do with next years garden.

With all that being said, I've spent a lot of time in the kitchen lately! :)

~ Julie ~
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment