Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekend around home

Happy Monday!

This past weekend Michael was actually home from work and opted out of working at the farm... which means we were able to spend some quality time together and we got a lot of stuff done around our house!

Friday night was relaxing... we had a bon fire, ice cream, and went to bed early!

Saturday was a really productive day! We worked outside around the house the majority of it. It was a beautiful fall day! I picked the majority of what is left in the garden and pulled out the dead plants. Played with the dogs. Michael worked on the porch while I cleaned the house a little bit. We moved some deer blinds around since hunting season is right around the corner!

Sunday morning Michael had to leave really early in the morning for work. We had some breakfast together and did the dishes. It was a gloomy and rainy day so I decided I would spend it in the kitchen. 

I started with some pear nut bread since I had some fresh pears that were getting too ripe!

Then I brought all the tomatoes in the house that I had picked on Saturday and decided to make some more spaghetti sauce. After 7 hours of being in the kitchen, I had no ambition to do anything else! Canning sure is a lot of work, but it's worth it! I have a full pantry and freezer of the things we use most. 21 Quarts and 3 pints of Spaghetti Sauce is the finally tally after yesterday. I think that's enough!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!


XO, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment