Monday, October 28, 2013

Family, Food & Laziness

Good morning on this cold fine Monday!

Hope ya'll had a great weekend! 

Ours was short and sweet as usual! But it was a great one full of family, food, and laziness. Michael and I both worked Monday-Saturday last week so the Sunday laziness was much needed! 

Friday night was like any other weeknight. Took the dogs for a jog down our road, had dinner, and kept busy around the house. Michael was hauling sugar beets at the farm so he didn't get home until late. When did we get so "old" and boring?! Haha. 

Saturday after work I picked up this little guy for the night. Our friends were heading to a wedding and needed a babysitter. My mom was coming over for the night too so I knew she would like to see him too! 

Once my family got there, we had dinner. I made corn beef roast and some veggies from the garden. It was yummy! My little sister and cousin helped by setting the table and making place cards or should I say leaves. 

After dinner, the girls and I made pumpkin spiced rice krispy treats and pumpkin spiced muffins.
Two ingredients is all you need! Spice cake and a can of pumpkin. 
1. Preheat oven as stated on the box of cake
2. Mix ingredients well
3. Place mixture in cake pan/muffin tins and bake as directed 
4. Enjoy!

You can see my recipe for pumpkin spiced rice krispy treats HERE

Before I went to bed I prepared overnight french toast for Sunday morning breakfast! Super simple and delicious! Everyone loved it! 
What you need: 
. Loaf of texas toast or french bread .
. 3/4 C Milk . 
. 1 tbsp Vanilla . 
. 5 eggs . 
. 1/4 tsp Baking Powder . 
. 1 C Sugar . 
. Cinnamon Sugar . 
. Fruit of your choice - Strawberries, blueberries, bananas, apples .  

Night before: 
1. Cut toast (if needed) into thick slices and place in a baking dish slightly separated from each other. 
2. Combine milk, vanilla, eggs, and baking powder
3. Spread mixture over toast
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight.  

Next morning: 
1. Combine fruit of your choice and sugar. (I used less than 1 C of sugar)
2. Top bread with the sugar/fruit mixture
3. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
4. Bake @ 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. 

Enjoy! 

Sunday was a lazy day! Most of it looked like this.... 
We were on one couch, my mom was on the lazy boy, and Greg was on the other couch. The girls were entertaining us with imaginary plays. The things kids come up with is pretty hilarious. We laughed a lot! 

After everyone left, Michael and I took the dogs for a ride just to get out of the house and get some fresh air. It's always enjoyable to look at the country scenery. Michael enjoys looking for deer. 

 It's not very often that we have a lazy day like this. It was nice although I feel like it was a waste of a day off around the house. There's always next weekend! 

Have a great week! I''m hoping to do some wedding recap and pictures this week! 

XO, Julie





2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great weekend! we loved going on drives too to look for deer, I love your picture from that, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We like to do a lot of the same things don't we?! Haha. :)

      Delete