Friday, November 29, 2013

Five on Friday

Ooooh what a week it's been! It doesn't even feel like Friday! But I'll take it! 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Linking up with April, Darci, Christina, and Natasha for 5 things on my mind today!
***This post is from last week and since the linkup didn't take place, I'm re-linking it this week for December 6th***

.ONE.
I wish I could snuggle up in my heated blanket in front of the fire alllll day! I love warm snuggles! Which is where I spent most of the day after I shamelessly stuffed my belly full of pumpkin pie and vodka. Instead.. I must go to work. Waaaah! {Yes I did still cook the entire turkey meal, however it didn't go as planned due to the oven breaking before the food was done and I burnt three fingers pretty bad...so I was a little frustrated and made Michael go to the store to buy some vodka and then curled up on the chair.}

.TWO.
Since it's Thanksgiving week and I love pie, I thought I'd share two awesome pie recipes I made. Super easy! 
Dutch Apple Pie - Recipe given to me from my mother in law

Mix 2C Flour, 1C Brown Sugar, 3/4C Melted Butter, 1/2C Oatmeal - place all but 1C of the mixture in the bottom of a pie pan for the crust. Set the 1C aside for topping.

In saucepan, mix 2/3 C Sugar, 3 tablespoons corn startch, and 1 1/4C water - Bring to a boil and then remove from heat

Stir in 3C of diced apples to above mixture (any kind of apple) and 1 tsp vanilla

Mix well and then spread over the crust. Top with the remaining 1C mixture of crust

Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until top is browned. 

.THREE.
In the midst of cooking Thanksgiving dinner at our house yesterday, our oven decided to take a poop. Therefore, I had to haul everything to town to my Mother in law's so that I could finish cooking. Anyways, I need a new stove. I looked online last night and never realized there were so many options! Any suggestions?! Is there anything you love or hate about your range? I'd really love something like this one! Double oven and 5 burners on the stove! I'd like stainless and Michael says black. A girl can dream right?! 

.FOUR.
Our wedding video came in the mail on Tuesday! We watched it last night and let's just say I'm SO glad we got a videographer! Michael really didn't want to spend the money but in the end, we got a great deal from my cousin and we will now have more than just images to look back on! I believe that photographs can only catch so much and the video can catch everything in between! Especially the surprise wedding dance that we did! Hopefully I'll be able to upload the dance from the disc sometime soon!
This is a previously uploaded preview of our dance taken on cellphone video

.FIVE.
Christmas cards! I've been working on Christmas cards this past week and debating over making my own or just using a template from Shutterfly. After talking with my creative friend Brittany @ 26th of August, she gave me some ideas and sent me some digi downloads she had. I wound up creating my own for free on PicMonkey and printing 5x7's through Sam's Club for only 38 cents a piece! Brittany and I messaged back and forth Tuesday night talking about everything under the sun and I managed to get them done! Thanks for your help Britt!!! I got them printed already and now all I have to do is address some envelopes and they're off! I can't believe Christmas is only a couple weeks away! Do you send out Christmas cards?! Do you design your own, use the traditional cards, and use a premade template from a printing service?!


Happy Friday Everyone! Have a great weekend!

XO, Julie

5 comments:

  1. What a week the two of us have had!!??? I am so thankful it's finally Friday!!! I thought you had the weekend off since you have family in town? So sorry you had to go in. As for that stove I say stainless too!!!! And the two different sections would be such a bonus! I love your cards and cannot wait til Anthony and I are able to get a picture with the dogs tomorrow and finish our card. Hope you have a smooth day at work and it goes fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT cards! I regret so much not filming the wedding- after everything was said and done we couldnt fit it in the budget...boo! Ps- looking forward to trying that pie recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessi! My husband did not want to spend the money on the videographer but I knew I would regret it! And I'm so glad that we splurged! I'm sorry that you didn't get one! I'm sure it was beautiful and memorable regardless! Good luck with the pie recipe! I hope you love it!

      Delete
  3. Stopped over from Five on Friday! I love your wedding dress!

    ReplyDelete