Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday, Friday!

As always, YAY for Friday!!!

Although, Friday's don't seem as cool to me anymore now that I have to work Saturday mornings. Womp womp womp.... So I guess I will no longer be excited that Friday is the start of the weekend but I will definitely be excited that Friday is that much closer to the weekend!

Linking up for Five on Friday! A mixture of things I'm thankful for, what I'm looking forward to, and what went on this week around our neck of the woods!

.ONE.
 I'm getting really excited for Thanksgiving next week! I can't wait to stuff my face full of delicious food! Especially pumpkin pie! Today I started making my list of what I'm making and what I need to pick up from the store. We have hosted Thanksgiving for the past 3 years at our house and I truly enjoy it! This year especially should be fun because some family is coming to stay for the entire weekend and we plan on doing some hunting as well! I am looking forward to cooking lots of food especially for my family, and I love the fact that I don't have to leave the house and heck, I could even lounge in pajama's all day if I wanted!
This was all of us for Thanksgiving last year. My Gammy's first time at our house!

.TWO.
Yay for only working three days next week! On top of the holiday, I took some vacation time off and I am really looking forward to it! Even if I spend it cleaning my house and preparing food, it still beats being at work!    

.THREE.
Michael and I sent our buck pictures into Michigan Buck Pole and they posted them on their website and their Facebook page. We were astonished at how many "likes" and comments that we recieved back! Michael's photo got over 1,160 thumbs up and mine recieved just over 1,000. Not to sound corney, but we felt like we were cool celebrities or something. Hahah! Most importantly, it gave us a great opportunity to advertise Quality Deer Management Association and how successful our hunts were due to those practices. Although there were some negative comments, the majority were complimentary and appreciated! It's so fun to share hunting experiences, knowledge, and photos with others!

.FOUR.
I've survived my first week at the new office and in a slightly different position! However, I'm not going to lie... there has been some ackward moments and some tension. Oh and the whole getting up earlier thing... that's a toughie! But, I'm making it on time and I'm adjusting to the longer drive. I know it will get better in time! I'm extremely thankful for having a car with good gas mileage and I pray for a safe drive every day!

.FIVE.
Just last week we found out our oldest furbaby, Dan, has cancer. I wrote about it here. I have had to make him hamburger and rice and givn him his medicine twice a day and he is doing really well! Everytime we go out there is he barking and excited to see us and he's finally getting some food in his belly. He still won't eat the hard food, but that's okay! I'm just glad to see he is in better shape! I take him back to the vet this afternoon and I'm anxious/nervous to see what they say. I know in the end, the result is going to be the same, but I really hope we can buy this guy some time! I'm SO SO SO thankful to see that he is doing better. It breaks my heart to see any of our furbabies in pain!

This is Jack and Sandy not wanting to get out of bed on a daily basis... too cute not to share!


Have a great weekend y'all!

XO, Julie

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet picture of your pups! Stopping by from the link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of the fur babies! So so cute

    Come link up with me today!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that I only work three days as well next week! Cheers to the short week and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete