Sunday, December 8, 2013

Annual Frankenmuth Trip!

Weekends really seem to fly by lately...
There just isn't enough time to get things done or for Michael and I to spend time together. 
But... we make the best of what little time we do have!

The excitement of this past weekend was going to Frankenmuth for the day. I realize I've talked a lot about this place in my last 3 or 4 posts, so I promise I'm done for the rest of this year! Hahah!

Michael and I have went to Frankenmuth every year and it has become something that we really look forward to doing every year. The entire town is really nice and there is so much to do! 

We also stopped at Birch Run Outlet Mall on our way. I've never been there but I've heard there are some awesome deals there so I thought we would check it out. We wound up getting some Christmas shopping done! So that was nice! Side note, taking my husband into Bath and Body works is kind of a sick joke.. As I try to pick out scents for people, he can't help because he doesn't have a sense of smell. Out of habit, I couldn't tell you how many times I would say, "Do you like this one?" Oooooiiiiiii!

Once we got into Frankenmuth, we headed straight to Bronner's - The World's largest Christmas store. The place was packed! Santa greeted us as we walked in. Michael almost refused to take a picture next to him. Key word: almost. Hense, I drug him and mumbled harsh words under my breath in the most loving way possible!

We headed into the store and weaved through the crowd on a mission to get what we needed. One of which is an annual ornament for our Christmas tree. Last year we were eyeballing the S'More section up but decided not to get anything. Then I spotted this one, and we agreed it was a must have. We love S'Mores! When we go camping we literally eat 3 or 4 at a time. Each. Oops.
We also found ourselves in the hunting/woodland section for a while. They had this really neat tree with antlers in it. We couldn't believe how expensive it was!
If you've never been to this store, you would seriously be amazed. There is just about any ornament you can imagine... fast food, sports, every animal, cartoons, beer, wine, farming, etc!
Next, we picked out an ornament to get personalized for our friend's that just had their first baby. The personalization is free!
Once we got what we needed, we pretty much just rushed out of the store. It was just so busy and hard to look around. Plus we were on such a time limit and had other things we wanted to do! So we checked out and of course took a couple more pictures!
Next stop, hot coco and coffee to put in our Rum Chatta. Or vice versa. Ha!
We headed down town to walk the streets and go into the little shops. Surprisingly, I refrained from the fudge. Michael almost broke down though. We laughed at ourselves and got the hell away from the candy stores. Then we realized our cups were empty. Michael was so smart to wear only a fleece so he was definitely in dire need of something hot!
We only went into a couple more stores before we were ready to call it quits. I almost had Michael talked into going on a horse buggie ride. He claimed we could have if he would have dressed warmer. Excuses excuses. I just love those horses! They look so pretty! Someday I will succeed... 
We headed a little ways out of town to a restaurant that didn't have a 2 hour wait. It was delicious! Then we headed to get a 12 pack and watch the Christmas light show once we got closer to home. 

The light show is a new annual tradition for us. I really hope it's still going on when we have kids so that we can share it with them! It truly amazes me! This one is particular has over 140,000 lights! And it is 27 songs long. Which lasts just over an hour. Since it was so late by time we got there, we decided we would go back in a couple weeks and hopefully watch the whole thing! Check out Nicol's Christmas Light's Facebook page here
Here is a brief clip!




After all that excitement and a full week of work, we spent the day today (Sunday) relaxing. We had our cable company upgraded so they were also here to do that this morning. We now have that DVR thing. I've already recorded my first movie and I'm pretty excited about it. It was the original Grinch cartoon on TBS. Since that was on, I've watched several other Christmas movies and wrapped Christmas presents... Jack enjoys eating the wrapping paper rolls....

I hope you had a great weekend!

XO, Julie








2 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend you had!! Tank is scared of the paper rolls it is so funny! So happy you got to spend a fun weekend with your hubby (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Christmas store looks amazing!! It made me laugh when you mentioned dragging Michael into the picture w Santa...Aaron is the same way! He hates being in pictures, but I make him do it because he will regret it when we are older if he's not in any pictures ;))
    PS. Your s'mores ornament is ADORABLE!!

    xx em

    ReplyDelete