Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top Memories {2013}

Twenty-Thirteen has definitely been one of the best years of my life and I am so thankful to be able to look back on many great memories! Even though I did have a fair share of stress, tears, and worry, I'm glad those things have passed and I have either learned or became stronger because of it. I can't believe this past year went by in just a blink of an eye. It sure does seem like as we age, life goes faster and faster by the day. Which makes me realize that every single moment {big or small} is worth a million dollars, smiles, laughs, and pictures. 

Seeing as today is the final day of 2013, I'd like to look back and cherish some amazing memories that I know we will look back on for years to come! 

First and foremost.... The day I married my best friend. The man I could never imagine my life without. The day we became Husband and Wife is one of the greatest blessings I will ever have.

Seeing this captured moment melts my heart every time
Along with becoming Mr. & Mrs, I treasure the moments we shared with such special people in our lives. Every single guest that shared our day with us will never be forgotten. Especially my brother, who traveled all the way from Seattle, Washington. {Although he stressed me the hell out when he almost didn't get on his plane two days before the wedding.} I hadn't seen him in years. Michael only met him once. Having him home for a full week and standing next to us as at the alter meant the world to me. Along with the rest of our beautiful bridal party. Each and every one of them hold a special place in my heart that I will never forget.

Our trip to Alaska was nothing short of ahhhhhh-mazing! It really made us realize how beautiful this world is and how much there is to see. It also gave us a big itch to travel. We took over 3,000 pictures on our trip and these few don't even do complete justice for how great of a time we had. Michael planned the honeymoon and I couldn't be happier with where we went! We loved it!


Deer hunting {gun season in particular} was extemrely successful for us this year and it was definitely one of the most exciting weekends we had together! Opening day, Michael shot 2 bucks and I was extremely mad and jealous. The following morning I shot a buck and a doe out of the same blind. My first buck as a matter of fact! I'm not sure how we got so lucky, but it was so awesome. I'll also never forget how hard we partied in celebration of these bucks. So many memories and so many laughs! I can't wait until these beauties come back from the taxidermist to add to our collection of mounts. This will be my first one to add to the collection so that's even more exciting! 
All of these special people {and many more that aren't pictured} mean the world to us! Family, friends, parents, cousins, siblings - life wouldn't be complete without them.

Last but not least, so many memories with our furbabies. I don't know what I would do without these animals. When Michael is away at work, they are the only thing that keeps me sane! Although some days, they make me want to pull my hair out. From accidents in the house, chewing apart toys and making a disaster of the house, begging, fighting, vet appointments costing a fortune, taking over our bed, allergies worse than humans, to sweet kisses and cuddles. All of those memories with them are priceless. 

Losing our big guy, Dan, was certainly not easy, but we sure did enjoy our time with him while it lasted. Having him outside also taught us that we didn't want to do that to another animal again. We always felt bad for him. Especially considering our other dogs got so much love and attention. 

A few of my other top moments from 2013: 
- New job opportunity (same career path & employer)
- Purchased 18 acres behind our house (as well as technically own a home after we refinanced the house and Michael put my name on it - which was nerve wrecking for me to have so much debt!)
- Became the Treasurer for QDMA Thumb Branch!
- Became a consultant for both Princess House and AdvoCare!
- Started this little blog! :) 

What are your top memories from 2013?!

Happy New Year's Eve! Be safe!

May every day of the New Year bring you prosperity, good health, happiness, and love!








6 comments:

  1. AHHHH- 2013 was so great for you guys!! Wishing you both nothing short of fabulousness in 2014!! Love your wedding photos!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Happy New Year! :)

      Delete
  2. What a great post!! Your wedding was gorgeous and all I can say about the honeymoon pictures is WOW. So stunning!!
    Wishing you an even better 2014 :))
    Happy New Year!!
    PS - Love the new blog layout - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Emily! :) Happy New Year! :)

      Delete
  3. Um, wow! So many awesome memories :) Here's to 2014! I hope it's even better for you both. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda! Happy New Year! :)

      Delete