Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Accountability

Well.. we're a whopping 2 weeks into the New Year and it wasn't too long ago that everyone was sharing their resolutions and goals... I posted mine here.

I literally think about those goals on a daily basis. Every penny I spend. Every time I should be working out but I'm much more comfortable on the couch, oh and let's not forget about every stinkin' morning when I'm rushing around for work because I didn't get up when the alarm went off. Fail.

The whole morning routine thing is just not working. I. can't. get. up. The biggest problem: I don't know I'm doing it. The next problem: How can I not want to get up after sleeping for 9-10 hours???!!! I'm open to suggestions. Please and thank you!

It's too soon to tell how budgeting is going. I do know I've avoided temptation by throwing away catalogs in the mail, coupons, and I've even passed up the 50% off sweater sale at Kiki LaRue. Now that's big progress if you ask me! Haha.

Exercise routine is going okay. Not great. Not bad. Just blah. I have to reallllllly push myself. It's boring. It's cold in the basement. My hips ache. {I may be the age of a spring chicken but I'm stuck in a Grandma's body!} And honestly, I'm just lazy most nights. The first step is admitting, right? Excuses are plentiful, but regardless, I'm still fitting it in. Maybe not as often as I want to be but it is what it is.

I did try to make our little exercise area in the basement more welcoming. I almost had the hubs talked into carpet for this area....but dang... that crap isn't cheap! Which leads back to the budgeting.... it's a sick cycle.
What is especially boring is when I'm on this elliptical machine staring at this boring wall and dry erase board {from Michael's workouts back in the day}. Maybe I should write some encouraging words on it.... then again that will get boring after reading it over and over... and I'd probably spend too much time trying to be creative... :)

Those are my biggest works in progress. I've also been working on my water intake pretty good as well as a few other small goals. How about you? Are you staying accountable for your 2014 goals and resolutions??!

Side note: I spilled a glass of wine on my lap top over the weekend due to my spoiled dog that insists she sits on my lap even though I told her no. Grrr... So this is the most I've typed on it since then. I've avoided using it because it makes me mad... But I never want to sit at the desktop in the office. Therefore, I might have just changed my mind about being cheap and not taking it in to get fixed....  back to square one with budgeting. Le sigh.

Speaking of those spoiled dogs getting on my lap... All. the. time.
Notice the wine in my hand again... good thing the laptop wasn't around! 
It's a good thing we're not claustrophobic in this house

Until next time!
Happy Hump Day!



16 comments:

  1. Your gym looks great!! I've been doing pretty good with the "healthier" part of my NY resolutions too...but I don't know what to tell you about getting up haha! I'm just as bad at it...no matter how long I sleep, I don't want to get up. My saving is going good too though! (even though I bought a couple clothing items the other day ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah! Darn clothes get us every time! ;) Thanks Emily! I'm glad someone thinks my gym is nice. I thought it was kind of redneck. Lol. Yay for both of us working on our NYR! :) Maybe some day we will adjust our morning habit! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. I agree, your gym looks really nice! And oh gosh, I have so much trouble getting up out of bed. It's been so cold and like you said, my joints hurt. Dang our old grandmotherly bodies haha! Your dog is adorable. You can keep up with your resolutions! I believe in you.

    Also, I nominated you for the Liebster award. It isn't a real "award", just a way to get to know other bloggers. Details are on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Christie!!! I'm going to head over to your page right now and check it out and hopefully get it posted in the next couple days!!! :) And also, thank you for the encouraging words and confidence in working on my resolutions! I know it's only been a couple weeks, so I can't give up quite yet! Haha :) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Your gym area looks amazeballs!!! I love the fact that you have so much equipment to use. I cannot wait til we get our own house and can have a workout room or area. Our basement has super low ceilings. I will have to take a picture of it and text it to you. As for getting up in the morning I cannot help you with that because I am having the same issues! I am doing better with NY goals of no spending only because all of our money has been going to bills, vet care, and rent lol so there is nothing left after that for personal items. You should take a tv out of one of the other rooms in your house and put it down there in front of the elliptical which might help you out a little bit. I will head over your way to update that dry erase board with something cute!! be there in a few lol (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahahah! Ummm... Britt I think you got lost because you never made it over to work on my board! ;) I guess I never thought of it as you said at least we have the equipment to use! Which is true! I just wish it was a little more of a comfortable space and "welcoming" if that makes sense. It's just so redneck to me compared to a real gym. Lol. BUT, I'm thankful for at least having something and not having to pay for a membership somewhere and having to drive there every day. Cause lord knows living in the middle of no where is no convienent! :) We have low ceilings in our basement too. If we finished them, I think Michael's head would hit in some spots. Haha. :) I'm proud of you for sticking with your budgeting goals! I know how tough it can be! :)

      Delete
  4. Take it one day at a time!! I think if you have an ipad or something like that it will make the workout go by a little faster!! Budgets are so hard especially when there is so much fun stuff to do - like travel!! But sometimes we have to indulge because we wont ever get this time in our lives back!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice, Biana! I took my iPad down there a couple evenings and read a book while I was on the elliptical! Smart thinking! :) And your right, we only live once and there are some things we just can't pass up on! ;) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Haha, don't worry! You're not the only one who can't get up in the morning! I need like 10 hours to feel well rested. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Well amen to that Jenna! I'm glad I'm not the only one! ;) Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. Hey! I nominated you for a Liebester Award. I was unsure of it at first, but it's fun to share somethings about yourself and meet other bloggers! Check out my post from Thursday for more details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taylor! Thank you so much! I am working on it over the next couple days! Keep an eye out for it! ;)

      Delete
  7. Oh my word, your puppies are the CUTEST!! And I know what you mean about waking up early... I really cannot make myself do it - I am too tired!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a relief that many of us ladies have the same problem! It doesn't make me feel so bad! :) Thanks Lisa! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  8. i wish my pup would snuggle more! he's little and it's only when *he* wants to. le sigh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol :) Don't fret, mine used to be like that too. And some days he still is! It's always on his terms. The little girl on the other hand is all for cuddling 24/7 and I take it alllll in every chance I get! :)

      Delete