Friday, January 31, 2014

Five on {a Freezing} Friday

Halleluiah! It's Friday! And it's still freezing outside {thankfully no longer freezing in my house}!
I'm happy the weekend is here {as always} and I'm happy to have survived this past hellacious week!
Let's talk about the week that I had.... Five things on this freezing Friday!

•ONE•
As you may have seen on my Instagram {@justjuliejoy} Tuesday morning I woke up to no heat and the house smelt like propane. My poor furbabies did not want to get out of bed! ^^^This was their expression on getting out of bed that morning. Of course this would only happen when Michael was gone to work. Nothing ever goes wrong when he's home, it's ALWAYS when he's gone. So I called my Mom {whose two hours away and obviously not going to be able to come help me} and she didn't really know what to do either. We both agreed it would be best to turn the furnace off so the gas would quit coming into the house. Eventually Michael checked his phone at work and called. He didn't want me to turn the furnace back on because he didn't want it to blow up with all that gas in the air. So I left for work. Left these two cute faces in bed. My blood pressure was through the roof. The house was 48 degrees and the weather outside had been below zero with 20-30mph winds. Ain't nobody got time for that!
The furnace guy said we're lucky we turned the furnace off because wires were already burning inside the furnace and eventually it would have just blown up. Wow. Counting my blessings that didn't happen! Then he said he couldn't get a furnace in until Thursday because he had to order one, he didn't have what we need on hand. Really?! Kill me now. Kidding. Tuesday night I barely slept. I was scared the space heaters were going to start a fire, or that the fire place was going to go out, or that a log would roll out of the fire and start a fire in the living room, or that the pipes in the house were going to freeze, etc etc. I'm a worry wart. I was up every 1-2 hours checking on things, putting wood on the fire, and making sure I was alive. Ha! Wednesday was another rough day. I was tired. My stress levels were extreme. Michael was too busy at work to be by his phone to keep in touch with me. I have no family around to go check on my house and dogs. Until finally I got ahold of Michael's uncle. Honestly, I don't know what I would do without his family. I don't think they realized that when I married Michael, I also married them. Poor people. Lol. Long story short, my in laws checked on my house and dogs, and the furnace guy was able to get in the house with someone being there. Last I knew, they were coming to put the new furnace in on Thursday afternoon when I was home from work. Until I came home to a surprise on Wednesday night... HEAT! They managed to get the furnace shipped sooner and completely installed Wednesday afternoon while I was at work! No one called Michael or I to let us know, they just did what they needed to do and contacted Michael's family because they knew we were at work. How awesome is that?!

•TWO•

Statement necklaces! I like it, I love it, I want some more of them!
This one is from Lia Sophia. It hangs in the back of my jewlery box so it's often forgetten about. I moved that beauty to the front! What's your favorite statement necklace or store to purchase them?!

•THREE• 
Look at that face! Isn't he adorable?! This is Jack being thankful for heat! Laying on the register vent! ♥ 

 •FOUR•
Breaking news last night in my hometown, St. Clair.
Five garbage bags of body parts were found on the side of the road. Some body parts weren't even in bags. It happens to be in front of a high school friend's parents house. How creepy and disturbing!? Even though I don't live there anymore, it still comes too close to home. My Grandmother lives around the corner. My friends live nearby that area. Granted, they could have travelled from anywhere to dump the remains... such a cruel world we live in. I pray they find the person behind this mystery and I pray for the family of the victim(s). Here is an update from the news paper.

•FIVE•
Last but not least, I had a few too many bottles of wine last night. Not glasses, bottles. Thirsty Thursday at it's finest! I will note that I did share those bottles with a girlfriend so don't judge me to be that big of a lush quite yet! ;) Side note, this wine is from my Bachelorette party last June! We went wine tasting at a local winery called Dizzy Daisy. Very delicous and affordable wine!

Did I mention I'm glad it's Friday?!
Have a great weekend!


12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, so glad your furnace didn't explode and you turned it off when you did! Thank goodness for Michael's family, that is definitely part of the marriage paperwork I thought haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that necklace! And good for you enjoying Thirsty Thursday, I'll have to try that brand when after I have my baby in May! :o)

    -Kelly
    http://walkinonsunshinetheblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, first of all #4 is CRAZY! Oh man I don't know what the world is coming to sometimes! Hope they catch whoever did that so the family of the victim (s?) can have a bit of peace :(
    On a happier note - love your statement necklace! I don't have any yet, but I always love how they look...does Lia Sophia have nice ones like that still? And Jack is so cute, hogging all the warmth from the vents haha :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. That story from your hometown is insane!! So scary!! I can't believe the week you've had - those bottles of wine were very much deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is so scary! I hope they find the person who did that. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just had a new AC/Heat system put in last month after it finally just quit. Thankfully we have had it with this cold weather! I am in Charleston and we got snow and ice this past week - a very RARE occurrence! Stopping by from 5 on Friday!

    www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from 5 on Friday and I'm now a new follower :-). What a hectic week you've had! Girl, you so earned that wine! What a scary story from your hometown... I really hope they find the person who did that! Your pups are adorable and I love how cozy and snuggly they look in bed!

    ~Samantha
    ilymandm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you got everything fix with your heat. I don't like being cold :( I love the necklace too!! hope you have a good weekend!!
    http://thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. newest instagram follower = me! Thanks for stopping by today!! -our house stays on like 59 bc hubby likes to 'save' money so I am unfortunately immune to the cold haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That must've been quite a week! It's too bad that it had to break down in the height of winter. Luckily, you didn’t have to wait until Thursday to get your furnace fixed. It can be difficult to sleep at night when it’s very cold!

    Tommy Hopkins @ AccuTemp

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's too bad about the furnace mishaps, Julie. I can only imagine the stress that you’ve been through in trying to keep the heat inside your house. On the other hand, it’s great to know that your new furnace was installed as early as possible. Good thing you have Michael’s family by your side to help you while he’s not around. How are you now, by the way?

    Harvey Chapman @ LibertyComfortSystems

    ReplyDelete