Friday, January 10, 2014

Five on Friday: Current Happenings

I'm currently....

... happy that I made it through the week. I had several meltdowns and the week seemed never ending!
... so glad that it's Friday!
... missing my husband immensely!
... counting down the days until he is home from work.
... cold! -13 plus a wind chill every day this week!
... trying to catch up on blogging since I've been MIA for a week {due to my meltdowns..ha!}
... Linking up for Five on Friday!

1). My beautiful friend Brittany found out this week that her furbaby, Tank, has bone cancer. He is only a couple years old. My heart breaks for her and her husband during this hard time. Especially considering we recently lost one of our dogs to cancer. She needs lots of prayers and comfort as she enjoys her last couple months with Tank. You can read more about Tank's story here
Photo Credit to TyNicole Photography

2.) I'm definitely missing the hubby. He's currently working in Texas and will be heading to California next. Looking at the distance between us on the map just seems even worse. 1700 miles?! Yikes! I can't wait until he's back in the mitten. 
Do you use the find my friend's app? It sounds kind of stalkerish, but it's really neat! Especially in the case that I can see where Michael is working since he is often in two different states in a day. Sometimes I don't get to talk to him to know where he is working so I'll just look it up on the app to see where he is at. Especially so I know when one of our parents or someone asks me where he is. On many occasions I've said "I have no clue, I can't keep track of him." That makes me sound like a bad wife! Well guess what, now I've got tabs on him at all times. Ha! 

3.) Snow. Snow. and more snow! I even had a snow day on Monday! I felt like a little kid. Except, after being stuck in the house for two days, I started getting cabin fever. The snow sure if beautiful! And it sure is fun to go snowmobiling! However, this -13 degrees plus a wind chill, really makes for some achy bones! Thursday it was actually above zero and it felt like a heat wave. Crazy. 
Sunrise on Lake Huron 
5 foot drift blocking my car in - ain't nobody got time for that! 
Jack could dig in the snow for hours... but I didn't want his you know what to freeze off! 
Sunset over a sea of snow drifts

Most of these pics have been posted on my Instagram throughout the week - Follow @justjuliejoy

4.) Only a couple more weeks until we go see George Strait and Little Big Town! I just ordered tickets this week.. we have been discussing going for a while now and were hesitant to spend so much money on a concert. We finally caved in and decided it would be worth it! {So much for budgeting our spending in 2014 oooops!} There's a group of 8 of us going. Looking forward to an amazing concert that we will never forget!

5.) Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese and Chocolate Chip Filling - Yuuum!
I was informed it was my turn to bring in a birthday dessert for a coworker. So of course I resorted to my pinterest sweet tooth board! I had pinned these!
Although mine did not turn out that pretty! But they were still yummy! {I had to test taste before I took them into work!}
It seemed like all of the filling went overtop... 
 I got the recipe here. Overall, it was pretty easy! My recipe did make 42 cupcakes rather than the 30 stated on the recipe. Maybe I didn't put enough in the cups.. not sure! Either way, I had to share because they were yummy! 

Have a great weekend!




22 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your friends dog...that is so sad!! My husband travels for work as well and I may have to get that app haha!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend and stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bianna! :) I hope you have a nice weekend also! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh no prayers being sent for Tank! My parents have been through the same situation and it is so tough. My hubby travels too but never that far- love the app idea! -stay warm and eat more of those cupcakes! haha Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks Jessi! I hope you have a great weekend as well :)

      Delete
  3. So sad about your friends dog! Love that app, my husband travels a lot so I might have to get that! Is he in Del Rio? My husband spent 2 years there for pilot training! O and those cupcakes look sooo good!!

    I found your from the 5 on Friday link up and I'm a new follower! :)
    Amanda @ Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda! Thanks for stopping by! I'm not sure where Del Rio is but I believe my husband was working in Eagle Pass today. I'm not very good with other cities throughout the US. Haha. :) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. So sorry about Tank :( I worked in a vet's office and know how devastating that is. On a side note you're dog is too stinkin cute in the snow!
    Found you on the Five on Friday linkup

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe thank you so much Julie!!! Your the best and we do need those prayers! It has been such a hard week. Talk about a horrible way to start off the year. George in concert would be so much fun! This morning I was going through old pictures and backing them up on CDs (until I ran out of CDs) and kept getting distracted. In 2010 I went to 7 concerts, 4 in '11, 2 in '12 and 1 in '13. I don't think I will go any this year because we are planning on traveling more but how much fun would it be to go to a concert together!!??!!! Thanks again for the prayers and support this week!! You've been the best bloggy friend evah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh geez! We totally should have had you guys up for this concert! That would have been amazing! :) We will have to keep that in mind if something else comes up! :) You very welcome for the prayers, thoughts, and support! It's the least I can do! :) Have a great weekend! XO

      Delete
  6. So sorry about your friends dog.. I hope that everything will be ok....I will say though on a happy note I love George Strait... That will be so much fun!!
    http://thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Chelsea! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  7. I'm soo sorry about your friend's {and your} dog - my heart breaks for all of you, I can't even imagine :(
    I can't believe the snow you have!! I thought it was cold here in Ohio! Those pictures from your instagram are so pretty though, snow can look so peaceful :)
    And your cupcakes look delicious!! Sorry you had a rough week, hope you have a relaxing weekend to make up for it :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Emily! I hope you have a great weekend also! I hope DeeDee is doing well with her injury! Poor furbabies all over! XO

      Delete
  8. Our dog Bella is such a special girl in our life, I can't imagine what your friend is going through! It's no wonder we get so attached to our pups, they're so easy to love. I found your blog through the 5 on Friday link-up and I think it's absolutely fabulous you have a 'house bunny'!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you so much! :) Yes, you are right! Dogs are sooooo easy to love! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  9. I am glad to have found your blog via 5 on Friday!

    So sorry about Tank :( Prayers and good thoughts being sent y'alls way. I can't imagine what your friend is going through and am sorry she is having to experience that.

    Finally another blogger with lots of snow! Most of the blogs I have seen are in the South and I'm over here in Ohio thankful it is warming up to about 30 degrees haha. The picture of Jack is super cute.

    Happy Friday!
    Christie Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Christie! And espcially, thank you for the prayers for Tank! It is warming up in Michigan too! It's funny how 30 degrees can feel so warm! Lol :) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  10. Oh my gah! Those cupcakes look amazing! Very cute blog. Glad to find you through the link-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  11. Girlfriend, those cupcakes look DIVINE!! Yummy - I need one!!

    And I am so sorry about tank.. I love my fur babies so much and they can never, ever be replaced :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks Lisa! I would totally share with you if you weren't across the country! ;)

      Delete