Sunday, January 26, 2014

{Ice Fest} Winter Recap

I can't believe the weekend is over already! Even though it's been a couple months that I've been working Saturday's, I must admit, I'm still not used to it. I know there are many people in this world that work weekends and/or every day... however, that crap is not for me. I need more than a day off work to rejuvenate! 

My one day off this weekend, Sunday, was pretty awesome.
We definitely accept the fact that we live in Michigan with freezing cold temperatures! Michael has wanted to attend Ice Fest in Frankenmtuh for several years. But it's never worked out with our schedules.

Earlier this week, the hubs informed me we were going and warned me to prepare to bundle up. No need to remind me... I realize this isn't a fashion show, I'm all about staying warm. Although I'm not going to lie, I wasn't really looking forward to being out in the low temperatures. I'm kind of over winter already. Ha!

In case you didn't know, I'm always the planner. Michael is always expecting me to plan something or arrange our schedule. So for him to tell ME that he had plans for us, I was impressed, relaxed, and happy! All I had to do was be ready to go at the time he told me to leave! He asked if I wanted anyone to join us and I said hey, your making the plans, you decide.

We wound up going to Frankenmuth around 9:30am Sunday morning with Michael's Ma and boyfriend, Rick. It takes two hours to get there from our house. Michael started the morning off with coffee and bailey's. I think that's a for sure sign of a good day, right?! 

We got to Frankenmuth and made our way to check out all the snow/ice sculptures and then we headed to the warming tent to get a beverage. When all of a sudden my Mom and Greg came running at me! That sneaky little Michael arranged them to come meet us there and surprise me! Ya'll know I love seeing my Mumma every chance I can! So that made the day even better! And kudos to the hubby for setting it up and keeping a secret for a couple days... he's too good at surprises! Of course everyone but me knew what was going on and I was over here in my own world!

I loved spending time with our family and viewing these amazing sculptures! It must take a lot of talent to do!

Bavarian wooden bridge built in 1979
Michael standing behind the news desk ;) 
This is the Pure Michigan Ice sculpture! Really neat!
Mom & Me!
Cocktails at Tiffany's 
Last but not least, we stopped at the Sugar High bakery. They won season 7 of the Cupcake Wars on Food Network! They have the most amazing cupcakes!!!

It was certainly a great Sunday Funday! 


Some other fun things we did this weekend was attend a farm appreciation dinner, play cards, {I got to kiss and cuddle this cute little guy} and work on our new snowmobile. I definitely didn't do the work though... that's Michael's forte. He had this bright idea to buy a sled that needs some work... I'm not quite sold on it yet, but it's still nice that he is spending the time to fix it up. He thinks I'm unappreciative, but I'm just hesitant to put the money into it! Time will tell.... 

Did anyone watch the Bachelor wedding tonight?! Ahhhh! So beautiful!
I hope you had a great weekend! Next weekend will be a new month! Whoa!


Linking up my weekend recap with Showered with Design and Dateless in Dallas

Showered With Design

17 comments:

  1. Those sculptures are really cool! Sounds (and looks) like a fun day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they neat?! I was amazed! Thanks Julie :)

      Delete
  2. I thought it was cold here - but judging from your getup you win!! Could not agree more - so over winter!! Sorry you only had one day to relax - but it looked like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I wish I didn't win the cold weather! You can have it! ;) Thanks Biana!

      Delete
  3. Looks like it was freezing but it seems so fun!! Those ice sculptures are amazinggg, and how sweet that he had it planned for your family to surprise you!! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were definitely really awesome! I'm glad we mustered the cold to see them! :) Thanks Emily!

      Delete
  4. Ahh this looks like so much fun but I don't know if I would have been prepared for that cold! That is awesome that Michael surprised you with arranging for your Momma to be there!!!! So glad you guys had a great weekend (:
    Seeing that picture of you cuddling that little baby and my friend announcing their pregnancy this weekend is giving me a little baby fever! (oh no lol) Hope you have a wonderful week and it flys by!!

    ps thanks so much for the Liebster Award! I am going to have to get started on that (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah! Oooooh baby fever!!! I know that feeling! ;) Thanks Britt :)

      Delete
  5. Those sculptures look amazing although I am so over the cold and would probably pass on freezing my butt off haha! My hubby wants to buy a snowmobile that needs work too and I am fighting him (for now)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Men and the toys... Good luck with that Mandy!

      Delete
  6. Those ice sculptures look AWESOME! I will have to make the trip up to Michigan to see them some time. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christie! You definitely have to see something like it some day! It's really neat! :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Definitely a great sight to see! Glad we beared the cold to go! Thanks for stopping by Lisa! :)

      Delete
  8. Girlfriend, I got a little bit colder looking at your pictures!!! But it looks like it was worth braving the cold!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Thanks Lisa! Send me some sunshine! ;)

      Delete
  9. Julie, This looks like so much fun! Cold, but fun. I love snow!!! By the way, thanks for stopping by my blog and checking out my top ten posts of 2013. It's been a good year for my family. So glad we can connect in this crazy blogland!

    ReplyDelete