Thursday, January 23, 2014

Liebster Award!

Helloooooo! I've been thinking about blogging all week... but I've got to admit, after the mishap of spilling wine on my laptop, the thought of going into my office to sit on my desktop computer was not appealing. However, Tuesday night I did attempt it... upon turning on my computer I got this huge WARNING message that said I had a virus. Great! So today, Michael {yes he's home!} went in and picked up the laptop in exchange for the desktop. I tell ya... if it's not one thing, it's another! I'm happy to have my laptop back and sit my butt on the recliner {minus the glass of wine} with my heated blanket in these negative temperatures and attempt to catch up on some things!

There's this little thing going around blog land called a Liebster Award and I was nominated not once, but twice! Thanks Ladies!


The liebster award isn't really an award... but more so a little way to share with new bloggers and followers a little bit about yourself.

I recently posted these random things about both the hubs and myself.

Additionally, here are some random things you may not know about me!

My ex-stepdad was in a band. When I was little I used to go to band practice with him and eventually I decided I wanted to learn how to play the drums. Soon after that, I got my own drum set. He taught me how to read music and how to play. In 5th grade I even did a song in the Talent Show at school. I continued to play until just before I went into high school. 

I love cheese and ice cream! Definitely two things I have a hard time saying no to. 

I only wash my hair 2-3 days a week. Which I didn't start doing until a couple years ago when I first got engaged and I wanted my hair to grow as long and as fast as possible for our wedding. I learned that shampoo really dries your hair out and not washing your hair allowed your hair follicle's to produce more nutrients at the root. I'm not really sure it helps my hair grow better, however my hair does feel healthier! 

I had braces for 3 years. My retainer broke after 4 years of having braces off and I never got them fixed so I now have crooked teeth again. Someday I'll get the courage to get braces again!


I am named after my Grandma Julie (Mom's side) and my middle name is the same as both my Grandmother's - Ann.


1. What's your favorite quality about yourself? 
I’m not sure if this means a personality or physical trait…. Personality: Social. I can get along with just about anyone. Physical: Smile. Smiling is my favorite.
2. What's your favorite TV show? 
I’m not much of a TV person. I watch it when I have time or when I feel like it. But I’ve never followed a complete season of a show. When the Voice is on, I love to watch it when I am able to. I think Blake Shelton and Adam Levine are just hilarious!
3. If you could travel anywhere in the US where would it be? 
I would love to go to a Yellowstone Park and camp. Although the thought of bears being around frightens me a tad.
4. If you could learn one hobby/skill what would be & why? 
I would love to learn to sew. My Grandma used to teach me as a little girl, but it wasn’t something that I kept up on. Now she has passed and I regret not learning her amazing talent. I hope someday I am able to do so.
5. What's your #1 must have makeup product? 
Eyelash curler. I can go without makeup anyday, but I can’t stand when my eyelashes aren’t curled even if I’m not wearing mascara. They are so long that they just go straight down into my eyes and it drives me crazy! 
6. What's your go to outfit of choice? 
Well it depends on if I’m going out in public or not… Haha. If I’m home, I’m all about being comfy. Fleece pants, a sweatshirt, and fuzzy socks. In the summer, I’m almost always in a comfy dress.
7. What do you keep in your purse? 
Waaaay too much! Wallet, lotion, antibacterial gel, chapstick, lip gloss, nail file, phone charger, camera, purse hanger, pen, planner, glasses case, sunglasses, gum, mints, USB....
8. What would your dream meal consist of? 
If I could eat Mac n Cheese from the Twisted Rooster every day, that would be divine!
9. What's your dream job & why?
A stay at home Mom! I know in today’s society that it is really tough to live off one income, but I think that it is amazing for a mother to be able to raise her own children and watch their every growth into a toddler.
10. Favorite thing to do for exercise? 
I enjoy walking/running outdoors in the great fresh air with the beauty of nature surrounding me! I especially like going for walks or runs outside because I can take my dogs with me and they love it too!
11. Favorite thing about blogging? 
I love that I have been able to document many things of my life here as well as share them with new friends! I hope that someday I will be able to look back on all of the things I have written as well as share them with my kids and grandkids!

1. Favorite childhood memory? 
Hmmm… I have many memories. I recently looked back on lots of old pictures for a slideshow for our wedding and I have many memories with my brother. We had the best love/hate relationship there was. Hahah! I also have lots of memories of loving to be girly, getting dressed up, and of course having a mother that was a beautician always doing my hair. Talk about some 90’s hair on a 5 year old.. HA! I had to share a couple pictures just for laughs :)
2. If you had a super power, what would it be? 
Making money. I'd plant money trees everywhere! Does that count as a super power?! Haha.
3. If you were a main character in a movie, who would you want to play you? 
I honestly don’t really know any actresses because I don’t watch many movies…
4. Favorite flower? 
Stargazer Lilly
I also love sunflowers, roses, football mums, and peonies.
5. Gold or silver? 
Silver
6. What website do you waste the most time visiting?
My online banking... ha! I'm constantly checking our accounts, paying bills, and balancing my checkbook. I'm a little obsessive with keeping track of it!
7. Name one pet peeve: 
I have soooo many pet peeves. I actually think this would make a great post topic. I can't stand when my dogs lick them selves. Whether it's their feet, their privates, or just their chops after eatting... I can't stand that sound! So gross...
8. Number of hours you slept last night
 8. That is my minimum allowance. Otherwise, I'm a crab!
9. What is your favorite day of the week, and why? 

I love Sundays because it’s the only day that I’m guaranteed to not have to work. It’s also one of the only days that Michael and I get to sleep in together besides vacations J
10. What was your favorite holiday/vacation? 

So far I must say that our honeymoon to Alaska was the greatest vacation ever! 
 

11. Share your favorite blogger. 

Oooohhh! This is a toughie because I have found so many great bloggers as well as great people! I’ll just say all of my followers are my favorites! ;)

Thanks again to Christie and Taylor for thinking of me when choosing their "nominations"!
I believe I am supposed to nominate someone to answer some of my questions as well as list some random facts about yourself! 

Brittany at 26th of August
Emily at Beauty Blether
Biana at B Loved Boston

Your questions are:
What is your favorite book?
Where/What is your "happy place"?
What is one thing you cannot leave the house without?
What is your dream job & why?
Where do you see yourself in 3 years?
If you could travel anywhere in the US, where would it be?
What do you do for a hobby?
What's your favorite possession?
What is your favorite type of workout?
What's your favorite type of ice cream?
What is your favorite thing to do with your spare time?

Have a great weekend!






11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination girl!! Can't agree with you more about the greatest thing about Blogging! My husband really wants to go to Alaska on a cruise - so may have to ping you for some details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! You definitely should go to Alaska! It is absolutely amazing! I will definitely give you some details when the time comes! :)

      Delete
  2. Love getting to know your better! Yay for new blog friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dying to go to Alaska! Your pictures are beautiful!!

    Happy weekend, girlie! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! You should definitely go some day! They say the glaciers are receding and will eventually be obsolete! There are many many many other beautiful sights and adventures toO! :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your Liebster award! Love reading this. Also, you should find that chevron afghan! It's back in style :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. I tried to reply and don't know if you got the message. I look forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leslie! I didn't get your response for some reason, but thanks for stopping my here and leaving another message! :)

      Delete
  5. Yay! Thank you for the nomination lady!! Love reading your answers - it's so fun learning more about your favorite bloggers :))
    Mac & cheese is my all time favorite meal too - and I'm totally with you on planting money trees, haha, where do I sign up?! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! :) It is definitely fun to learn more about new friends! Yes I will totally plant us some money trees as soon as the ground unfreezes! O_o Hahah!

      Delete