Monday, January 20, 2014

Weekend Recap - Womp Womp

I used to enjoy these  government holidays, especially ones that made the weekend longer. But that wasn't the case this time. It didn't make my weekend longer and it sure as hell didn't make my weekend any better. Womp womp.

I’m sure your thinking, it couldn't have been that bad! 
Let's just say, I've had better...
Michael arrived home on Friday evening after two long weeks of being gone at work. Thank God! I was about the go insane. Oh wait, that still happened. So we spent a handful of hours together Friday night before we crashed. Literally, crashed. I sleep so much better with him by my side that I just pass right out and don’t wake up 1,000,000 times throughout the night.
Saturday morning I had to work. Womp womp. Working the weekends is one of the things I dislike the most.  Mostly because it's every stinkin' weekend. Especially considering it completely interrupts the time Michael and I could be home together. So that’s just never a good start to the weekend.
Saturday afternoon, despite my crabby attitude, Michael and I took the dogs out squirrel hunting. It was a really nice day. Minimal wind and the sun was shining. And we were together. Winning.

After miles of walking through knee high snow, we were all exhausted and on the couch by 7pm. Apparently the exercise and fresh air got the best of us! Ha. 


After the above conversation Saturday morning, Michael decided to go squirrel hunting in this tournament. Womp womp. So he got up at 3am on Sunday morning to travel to be in a squirrel hunting tournament. Long story short, I was not happy. On a better note, out of 256 teams, Michael and his friend got 7th and won $165. 

While the hubs was MIA out hunting the chunky monkeys, I took some engagement pictures of my girlfriend and her fiance to keep me occupied. These are the friends that I helped set up their engagement in the their front yard last month! I am by no means a professional... but it fits their budget!
 

After dwelling on the fact that I only seen Michael for 15 piddly hours over a period of 16 days, I decided I wasn't sitting at home alone any longer so I ventured to my Mom's. I had a meeting in the city Monday morning anyways. I was able to spend a little time with my Mom and little sister. {They fought over who I was going to sleep with. Jasmine won and it reminds me of the days when we used to live together and she slept with me every night. If I could turn back time to relive those good old days, I totally would.}

Even though MLK Jr. Day is one of the paid holidays I receive {I am thankful for all paid holidays even though I'm about to sound like a greedy b*tch....}, I had to spend it in a meeting for half the day and then drive two hours home. Luckily, I was able to squeeze in a little more time with my Mom and grab some lunch before I drove the dreaded ride. If  I'm being honest right now {which you may have noticed, I am} I think it's kind of silly to give your employees a paid holiday and then say oh hey, mandatory meeting at 8:30 am on MLK Day. Womp womp. <-- Notice the theme today?! Negative Nancy in the house!

As always, the weekend came and went. Michael's off to work again and I'm being a negative Nancy because I didn't get to spend merely enough time with him. Maybe tomorrow I will wake up on the other side of the bed! In the mean time, I'll look forward to the next weekend!

Here's to a short(er) work week!

Join Showered with Design and Dateless in Dallas for your weekend recap!




Showered With Design

8 comments:

  1. That sucks having to wait so long to see your husband so little! But I'm sure time spent with him makes up for it :) Next weekend will be better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! :) I'm hoping this weekend with be better! He's been home half the week this week so that's already making up for some of the lost time! ;)

      Delete
  2. Traveling hubbys are no fun - trust me I know the feeling and definitely agree that I sleep WAY better when he's home!! But the bright side is you got to see your mom and sister!!! Here's hoping next weekend is a bit better than this one - OK a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Booo :( I'm sorry you didn't get to have a nice long weekend with your hubs! My man travels a lot for work too - and I hate when our weekends together get interrupted with other crap. Can't believe you had to go in for a meeting on a holiday! Double boo. I hope this coming weekend is better!! On the bright side, I'm glad you had a good time with your family and the pictures you took look great!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! :) Here's to a new weekend! And he's home! So we're going to make the best of it before he leaves again! :) Story of my life o_O lol

      Delete
  4. I couldn't agree more with sleeping better with your man by your side! Those mugs are adorable (must have!) and that conversation between you and your hubby was seriously the story of my life. Josh always sends texts that start with "do you love me?" when I say yes he asks for whatever he needs or wants to do, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angi! I got those mugs as a bridal shower gift! They have a bible verse on the rim and a heart in the bottom! So cute! :) That's too funny that you recieve the same nonsense texts! I think I'm going to start using that "trick" back on him! Haha! :)

      Delete