Friday, February 14, 2014

Is it Friday?!

I can honestly say that while being off of work this week, I totally lost track of what day it was!

It's Friiiiday! It's Valentine's Day!! And it's George Strait concert day!!! Yay!

It's been a great week off, and I'm really looking forward to the next couple days as well! 

Linking up for Five on Friday with 5 great things from this week! 

{ONE}

I spent a couple days with my little sister, Jasmine!
We used to be really super close and once I moved in with Michael 100 miles away, it sort of affected our sister bond. However, we are still really close and I really cherish the moments that we can get together! She's growing up so fast, it makes my heart melt! Especially when she was telling me all about makeup!  

{TWO}

Foooood!!! One of my ultimate favorite things to do when I go back to my hometown is to eat at all the delicious places I miss! Such as chinese, Gar's Bar, Pepper Joe's, and Achatz. 
First thing Tuesday when I got to town was got a Gar burger and fried pickles. My girlfriend and I had a beer and stuffed our faces. It was lovely. On Wednesday I picked up some take out from Achatz and of course stocked up on my favorite soup - Dill Pickle! Nom Nom Nom. I also had a strawberry chicken wrap with balsamic vinegar from Achatz... soooo delicious! They are just a little restaurant chain/soup shop that has the best homemade food! I try to talk them into opening one up by my house every time I go in there! ;)

{THREE}

Wednesday while my little sister was at school, I met up with some of my girlfriends and their kids. These girls have been in my life forever! One of them since Kindergarten and the rest since middle school and high school! A few of the other girls in this "group" weren't able to come, and we missed them dearly! It was so great to catch up with them, play with all the cute kids, and gossip! It's amazing how 5-10 years ago we would all be out partying it up and now we're gathering with all the kids! By the way... I'm the only one that was there without kids. Talk about baby fever! Haha! :) They all make fun of me because I love pictures and I wouldn't let anyone leave until we took a picture. Which turned into a photoshoot. Fun times! :) 


This is some of the kiddos! All great, beautiful, kids! Notice it's mostly girls! Haha!

{FOUR}

My entryway project is coming together! {Pictures coming soon!!} I ran out of paint twice... ugh!!! I'm not good at this stuff! But I'm learning! I had my Mom's dog that I was dogsitting and then my two dogs while I'm trying to do this painting project and they just wouldn't leave me alone! Although it was kind of cute so I had to take a picture... Hopefully next week I will be sharing pictures of the finished project! I didn't really anticipate it taking this long... but I've had a lot of other stuff going on so I couldn't really focus on it. Not to mention that sanding and staining trim is a lot more work than I thought! Hopefully it's worth it! :) 

{FIVE}

Spring is coming! Or at least I hope it is! Supposedly it's 33 days away and I keep waking up to more of this snow! Although the trees sure were beautiful! I love winter, but I am really looking forward to some warmer weather! :) 


Well I better go get ready for the concert! We're leaving in an hour! Can't wait! Have a great weekend! 



10 comments:

  1. What a fun week off you had!!! I had the same problem remembering what day of the week it was, sadly for different reasons haha!! My sister and I share a very similar bond - we have 12 years between us and I can't imagine not having an older sister!! Enjoy the concert and you're weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for time off work!! :) And that's awesome you got to spend quality sister time. Mine lives over 100 miles away too and I miss her so much, and LOVE when she comes to visit! And those pictures of the snow covered trees are gorgeous! But I agree, it needs to be spring already!!

    Happy Valentine's Day and have a great time at the concert!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em! I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's day too!! You know, sometimes I get REALLY bummed that I'm so far away from my sister... and then I think about how my oldest brother has lived across the country for 8 years... or the other people in the world that live thousands of miles away from their families that only see each other once or twice a year. That helps me feel better sometimes.. Lol. Just a thought since we're both in the same boat with that! ;)

      Delete
  3. First off, you're stunning! :) Next, can't wait to see the entryway. Love that snow pic...we don't get stuff like that here in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that is very sweet of you! Thank you, Leslie! :) I'm not making much progress on my entry way... I'm getting frustrated with myself! Lol. :)

      Delete
  4. You know you had a good week when you can't remember what day it is!! Have fun at your concert tonight! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous that you're going to George Strait tonight! What a great way to spend Valentine's Day! I hope you have a great time. I just came across your blog and I look forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley! Thanks for stopping by! I seen your other comment about Alaska! My email is justjuliejoy@gmail.com :)

      Delete