Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Buffalo Chicken Chili

Last week when I shared my tater tot casserole recipe, I talked about making buffalo chicken chili... and I MUST share it with ya'll on this tasty Tuesday because it was delicious!!
I found the recipe from Liz at A. Liz Adventures and immediately knew I needed to make it!
{I tweeked it a little bit} 
With this cold winter weather we sure are loving these types of meals! If you like buffalo flavor and/or chili, you will love this! ♥

What you need:
4 cups shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken because it's so convenient and cheap!)
1/2 red onion, diced
Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo sauce - Approximately 1/2 a bottle
2 packages dry Ranch mix
1 can chicken broth
1 cup chunky salsa
1 can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinshed 
1 small container heavy cream
shredded cheese (optional)
sour cream (optional)
green onion (optional)

Shred the chicken {whether you cooked it or bought a rotisserie}

Saute the diced onion with a little olive oil. Add shredded chicken, 1 package of ranch seasoning, and buffalo sauce to cover and saute a few more minutes. {Don't over do it on the sauce or it may be too tangy}

Combine the chicken/onion mixture, beans {you can use more beans if you'd like a thicker/chunky soup}, second package of ranch seasoning, salsa, chicken broth, and more buffalo sauce if needed. Simmer on low until heated through. 

 Before serving, stir in heavy cream to reach your desired consistency.

Serve with optional toppings and a side of corn bread. (The hubby enjoyed eating it with tortilla chips! haha)

Nom nom nom! Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, my Lordy! This looks delicious. I use rotisserie chicken for lots of different soups--the chicken is always so moist and yummy! I can't wait to try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I loveee chilli and I love anything buffalo chicken even more. I can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh you're killing me with these delicious cheese-filled recipes when I'm supposed to be on a strict diet!! hahahha ;) This looks so good!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! This sounds good!! I love buffalo chicken! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet my fiance would love this! And what the heck are "great northern beans"??!

    ReplyDelete