Monday, March 3, 2014

March Favorites

I know it's cliche to say that the months are flying by.. but seriously, February was too short! I can't belive it's already the third month of this "new" year! 

Helloooo March! 

Linking with the pretty ladies from Lip Gloss and Lunges and Beauty and the Greek to share some of my current favorite things this month! 


ONE
Our "Miracle Blind" hunting story was plastered on the front of the QDMA Newsletter last month! I'm looking forward to sharing the entire story soon! It was fun to write and of course even more fun to share!
TWO
We are going to Ohio! Which is exciting for several reasons... a) I finally get to meet up with my best blog friend, Brittany! We met several years ago through mutual "family/friends" and we haven't seen each other since, but we have learned how much we have in common! b) It's not very often we get to attend an expo rather than work them for QDMA, so it will be enjoyable! c) That means we have a little mini weekend getaway planned and no work! Wooohoo! Can't wait! 
THREE
I'm loving Kiki La'Rue's spring collection! The colors and styles are fab! I've always loved everything I've ever gotten from their store. However, this does not help my trying to stick to a "budget" and save money plan! I want to buy everything from their store!! Follow them on Instagram @shopkikilarue to keep up to date on new arrivals and coupons! 
FOUR
Michael and I are loving this trail mix from Sam's Club! I can't keep enough of it in the house! Although I'm going to blame it on the hubs for lacking his portion control. He'll grab the bag and eat the entire thing in one sitting! ;) It's a mix of dried strawberries, cranberries, blueberries, yogurt chips, almonds, and cashews. Yum!
FIVE
When I started this blog... I never really thought about gaining followers and meeting new "friends"! However, since the beginning of the year, I've somehow gained 24 followers! How awesome! Thank you so much to each and everyone one of you for tagging along through our crazy life! :)
SIX
I've made a couple trips to the Ulta store lately (which I talked about my last purcahses here) and I've realized that I could spend HOURS in that store! ALLLLL the goods! My newest purchase was a couple new brushes and my oh my are they so soft! In the past I've only purchased BareMinerals brushes and I'm glad I took a chance with the Ulta brand because they are just as nice and much cheaper! Do you love Ulta?! What's your favorite purchases/products from there?!
SEVEN
Last but not least, March means SPRING! I don't know about you, but here in Michigan, the winter weather has been atrocious! I've enjoyed it to a certain extent... but I'm definitely ready for spring weather, sunshine, bright colors, and more daylight! 

What are your current favorite things?! Looking forward to anything in particular in March!? Until next time... 


Beauty and the Greek

13 comments:

  1. Normally, when I eat trail mix, I always pick some certain things out and leave the rest...but everything in there sounds delicious! YUM!

    I haven't been into an Ulta for a really long time, for a good reason...I'd spend ALL my money! Love it in there!

    Thanks SO much for linking up with us!

    -Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! So true! I should stay away from Ulta because I could spend my whole paycheck! ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi Julie! I'm stopping by from the linkup... I love Ulta too, I could spend hours in that store! I love when they do their liter sales on shampoo & conditioner :-) I'm ready for spring too! Here in Texas we had a few days in the 70's last week but now it's back to the 20's .

    Your fur babies are adorable! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bradi! Thanks so much for stopping by! :) This weather is crazzzzy! I hope it gets better for ALL of us in the US! :)

      Delete
  3. You're coming to Columbus?! That's where I live! ;) That's exciting you'll get to spend time with your best friend, mine lives far away too and it's so awesome when I finally get to see her...so I know how excited you must be! Ulta is so dangerous...you pick up a couple things and before you know it, you've spent $100! Lol I can spend hours in there though - love looking at everything and making mental notes of all the expensive items I'll scoop up when I'm rich and famous ;) jk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! I didn't even think about you living in Columbus! It would be so awesome to meet up if we could! And yes there are so many things that I would buy if I could! :) I'm not sure if I'm replying back to my comments correctly, will you email me when you get this just so I know? Thanks girl!

      Delete
  4. I am such a Bare Minerals gal as well....they always sucker me in with the brushes but they do work really well. Maybe I'll have to check out the Ulta ones the next time I am there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know what you mean! I was comparing brushes and the Ulta brush I wound up getting was more than 1/2 the price! I'm glad I went with it because I surely can't tell a difference! :)

      Delete
  5. Luckily (or not so luckily) I don't have an ULTA close to me. However I have a Bloomingdales, Macys, Neimans & Nordstrom in a 5 minute walking distance from my home - so I get myself in enough trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yeah that sounds awfully dangerous! Those stores are great too! I have to drive an hour and a half to get to any stores near me! Not fun! So it's nice to make it worth it when I go there! :)

      Delete
  6. I'm so bad about buying brushes - I need to invest in some good ones!! Yay for you guys getting to go on a little weekend getaway!! Hope you have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes me too! I haven't purchased brushes in forever! But it's nice to get good ones and wash them and take care of them often! Then it makes it worth your money! Although it's also nice to get brand spankin' new ones! ;)

      Delete
  7. I always spend at LEAST an hour in Ulta. I can go in there with nothing in mind that I need and end up at the register with a whole bag of goodies. Its a dream store for sure.

    ReplyDelete