Friday, May 23, 2014

Friday, Friday!!

I'm extra happy that it's Friday because... 
The hubs is finally home from work after 12 long days!
It's a holiday weekend - 3 days off! Whoop whoop!

In the past week there has been some serious excitement going on in the Joy residence!!

Fav News!
As I mentioned a couple weeks ago {here}... Michael and I both had some opportunites come up with work! I'm happy to finally say Michael passed the testing and as of last Friday he has been offered a position with a new company as a Foreman! He has two more weeks before he starts this new chapter! I'm so happy for him and extremely proud of him! He has been working at his current employer for 12 years doing demolition all over the country. He has traveled to 48 states across the US by vehicle! We are both really looking forward to him working IN the state of Michigan and being home after work on a daily basis rather than a weekly basis {with some exceptions as job locations change}! Myself on the other hand, is keeping my toosh right where I'm at! I've been at my employer for almost 10 years so it's pretty much my comfort zone! It was stressful at times to think about making all these decisions and trying to determine what was best for us, and in the end, it all worked out perfectly and we are excited about that!

Speaking of work... another exciting moment was that I received another bonus and a M.A.D Award! {Make a difference} It's always a great to receive an incentive and a reward for your hard work! Now if only I can refrain from going on a shopping spree with it.... :)

Fav "upcoming" news!
As I also mentioned {here} about how the hubs suddenly decided that we needed to look into trading in our camper... more details to come on that soon! Let's just say... it's been an interesting battle! :)

Fav Person I can't wait to see!
My next biggest excitement and possibly the most favorite thing I'm looking forward to.... my big brother, Jeramie, is coming home! Eeeeeekkk!! In 2 short weeks!! Last year he was home for our wedding but it was complete chaos. I actually wound up crying hysterically the week after the wedding when I realized I didn't cherish the time he was here because I was so caught up in the wedding chaos. Jeramie lives out near Seattle, Washington. Prior to him coming home last summer I hadn't seen him since my Grandma passed away in 2011. I'm really looking forward to spending some down time with him!

Fav feature!
QDMA - As I mentioned here about our hunt and being featured in the Quality Whitetails Magazine, the article is now featured on QDMA's website! You can read it here!
Fav Recipe
I'm not sure why they are called energy bites... but they are my new absolute favorite "healthy" snack!

1/2C Flasseed
1C Rolled Oats
1/2C Mini Chocolate Chips
1/2C Peanut Butter
1tsp Vanilla
1C Coconut Flakes
1/3C Honey
1TBSP Chia Seeds

Mix ingredients and let sit in the fridge. Roll into balls and store in an air tight container in the fridge. Or if your like me, just leave the whole bowl in the fridge and take out a handful when you want some. Ha!
*I copied this recipe from here*

Fav Hobby
One of my favorite things I got to do this week was get my hands in the garden! It's been so rainy and wet and cold so we haven't even been able to till it or anything. It finally hit the 70's on Wednesday so I was able to get out there and start cleaning up the raspberry and strawberry plants. Jack likes to help too. He just digs and carries sticks away. I also got 2 pieces of asparagus up! I can't wait to get more fresh garden veggies! We usually plant our garden over Memorial Day weekend but that's not looking likely this weekend... :( 

Fav Post
Well it looks like the Q&A with the hubs was a huge hit this week and I loved reading everyone's comments! Glad ya'll enjoyed it! If you missed it, check it out! I guarantee you'll laugh a little :)

Fav Outfit
I'm still wearing long sleeve sweaters here in Michigan... womp womp! 
But I must say, I love this two tone Elle sweater from the clearance rack at Kohls along with my $5 Walmart statement necklace! :)

Fav App
A coworker told me about this app called Checkout51
It's for coupons for groceries and such.
They're updated weekly.
You take a picture of your receipt and check off the items listed for a coupon.
It saves the amount to your account until it hits $20 and then they mail you a check!
I made one quick grocery trip this week and saved $3.25! :)


Fav Funny!! :)
Everrrrrrry day!

Did I mention I'm super excited for Memorial Weekend?! It's like the official break in of summer! I just hope Mother Nature gets her poop in a group and brings the heat! It doesn't even feel like June! I'm having a garage sale. It should be interesting! What are your plans for the Holiday weekend?! Do you get Monday off?! Enjoy!
 

Don't forget to stop over at the beautiful AND genius Amanda's Link up! 

Meet At The Barre

11 comments:

  1. Congrats to your hunny girlie! Also beautiful doggy and love your sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That app is really cool!! I'm going to check it out this week!! Congratulations to you both on the wonderful work news!! So awesome that he'll be home more- traveling hubs is never fun - I know!! Hope you have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new job and the bonus!! It's always great to have the husband home after work consistently :) Love that last outfit- I am all about a good deal too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the time with your brother!! And congrats to you both on the jobs!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay congrats to you and your hubby! both are equally as awesome. and yay for brothers visiting, and i love that sweater! and i am going to download that app fo shiz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn girl... you have LOTS of awesomness going on right now!!!!! Congrats to both you and the husband on the job front!!!! Woop woop!!!! :D
    So exciting that you get to see your brother soon. My sister and I are super close... nothing like sibling love! :)
    I LIVE IN MICHIGAN, TOO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS to the hubs...and CONGRATS to you too! Big week in the J.O.B. world for you guys! I hope you have some fabulous quality time with your brother while he's home...I love that you truly appreciate your relationship with him! Oh..and DUH abt the Q&A with the Mr. post....it really was entertaining! Have a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just downloaded that app.....so first thank you for that! Congratulations to you and your husband that is fabulous news!!!!! Bonuses are always the best right? ;-) I love that picture of you and your brother :) I have so many stripped shirts in my closet it's ridiculous but they just go with everything! Love your funnies! I hope you have a fabulous weekend and thanks for linking up gorgeous! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO much good stuff! Congrats to the hubs! I know you are so excited to have him home more. And that sweater is so cute! Love it with the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Checkout 51 and use it all the time! Congrats to Michael, that's so awesome that you will be able to see him more now! That shirt looks awesome on you, I haven't been to Kohls in forever and I'm always seeing people post cute things from there

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for seeing your brother soon!! That's super exciting :)) Can't wait to hear the camper story ;) xx

    ReplyDelete