Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Best of Betty

Who doesn't like Chicken Pot Pie?? 

I'm thinking most people like such a simple and traditional meal! It's definitely a favorite in our house! 
Yes I realize, I don't share much healthy recipes for all you health nuts out there...

This time I made "mini" pot pies! Recipe from Betty Crocker I found on Pinterest

What you need:

1 TBSP Olive Oil
1-2lbs. chicken 
1/2C diced onion
Veggies {I use frozen peas, carrots, and corn from our garden and estimate it at a cup per vegetable}
1/2C chicken broth
1C shredded cheese {optional}
Optional seasonings: ie: Salt, Pepper, Basil, Thyme
1/2C Bisquick {have extra on hand if needed to thicken}
1/2C milk
2 eggs

What to do:

Preheat oven to 350
Prep muffin tins by spraying with olive oil

Cook chicken in olive oil with onion
Add chicken broth - simmer
Add in frozen vegetables and seasonings
Heat until the majority of the liquid is absorbed
Stir in cheese if desired

In separate bowl, mix bisquick mixture, milk, and eggs.

Spoon one tablespoon of bisquick into the bottom of each muffin tin

Top with about 1/4C chicken mixture

Top with an additional tablespoon of bisquick

Continue last 3 steps until both mixtures are gone. 
I used 3 muffin trays (3 dozen)
Bake for 30 minutes or until center is cooked through. 

Enjoy!






10 comments:

  1. Confession - I have never had a chicken pot pie - but these mini ones look so cute and easy to make!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look good, I wonder if I could get my kids to eat them they act like they're allergic to veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks amazing - i've never had a chicken pot pie either! haha. i wonder if i could make it with gluten free Bisquick...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg they are so cute! And anything with Bisquick is delicious ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm these look so good!! I haven't had chicken pot pie in forever, gonna have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yesss! We just made these recently and loved them! (well recently as in our previous home haha)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These looks delicious and I love the fact they're mini :) so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband LOVES chicken pot pie! I tried one recipe on Pinterest that was a fail because it used biscuits from a can on top. And the bottom of the biscuits didn't cook. I will have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. those look so good!!! I also love mini versions of just about everything!

    ReplyDelete