Monday, June 30, 2014

Last weekend of June Recap

Another weekend has come and gone entirely too fast!
 
 
Friday night was low key. The hubs and I took a country booze cruise and looked for deer and just bs'ed. We love watching these little baby fox that have been living in the hay bales next to our house. They are just the cutest things! {crappy iPhone zoom}

Saturday morning I convinced Michael to take me to the farmer's market. I haven't been able to go and it's one of my ultimate favorite summer things to do! Especially to get a bouquet of flowers full of peonies and sunflowers. They are always so pretty and only $8!  
 
On our way home we stopped in Grindstone for some lunch ice cream! They seriously have the biggest ice cream cones around! We got kiddie cones. Not so kiddie is it?! We made a huge mess and stuffed our belly's! Ice cream is my absolute favorite and you really can't beat it on a hot summer day! 

 
Saturday afternoon consisted of lots of catch up around the house, garden, and food plots. It was perfect summer weather {finally}! :-)
 
The dogs enjoyed being outside and Jack of course enjoyed a cool down in the pond. That face kills me! ♥♥♥

 
A perfect summer day ended with sitting around a bonfire in the back yard roasting marshmallows and visiting with friends! ♥
 
Sunday was another day of catching up around the house. But first, we caught up on sleep and slept in until almost 9! It was glorious! The hubs made breakfast and we lounged around for a bit.

Such a tough life!

Michael changed the oil and brakes on my car and I'm allowed to drive it instead of the pickup this week! I am SO happy about that!
 
Planted some onions in the garden. {I confess, I bought these a month ago and misplaced them. While cleaning the garage on Saturday, I found them! Ha!}
Day 34 of the garden and it's slowly making progress. Definitely won't have knee high corn by the 4th of July this year!
 
Overall, it was a very relaxing yet productive weekend around our house! I still can't believe that June is over!
 
Definitely looking forward to a short work week, getting my hair done, staying at the camper all week, and having my family over for the holiday weekend!
 
I hope ya'll had a great weekend as well! :-)

Linking up with Biana!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 







15 comments:

  1. I LOVE those kinds of weekends! And that ice cream, oh my, looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg that first ecard, i almost spat out my water. hilarious! love your dress + the flowers are so pretty. omg that ice cream is huge (did you get boysenberry?! my fave!) i can't even finish a normal size cone before it starts melting down my hands. i'm such a slow ice cream eater! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those flowers!! So pretty - I need to get some to brighten up my house :)
    And holy cow!! That ice cream looks AWESOMEEE :) And of course, Jack is adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend (: I showed Anthony the ice cream last night on IG and he was like there is no way I could eat that much and i was like OH I COULD!!! lol once again twinning....my love for ice cream is a daily battle with my love for size 6 jeans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The baby fox in the hay pic literally just made my day! Loved following along with your weekend pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. took me a minute to find the baby fox but seriously...so cute! I must ask what a country booze cruise is??? your dress on saturday is adorable and those flowers were only $8??? sounds like a great weekend, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am absolutely obsessed with the dress you wore to the farmers market!! I wish we had a place to roast some marshmallows - that sounds so good!! i can't imagine a bigger ice cream cone - but it looks so yummy!! Thanks for linking up doll!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bouquet of flowers is amazing... But that dress you wore may be even moreee amazing - gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those ice cream comes look fabulous!! Wow!! Also love your dress you wore to the farmers market. Hope you have a fun 4th of July at the camper!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been way too long since I've had a chance to stop by! Those flowers are beautiful! And an evening with friends by the fire, perfect! Perfect weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are absolutely no words to describe how jealous I am of those ice cream cones right now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that ice cream!! I need to find some of that.
    Country booze cruise, campfire, swimming, ice cream - sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know what kind of ice cream that is but it looks absolutely amazing!!! And your dress (from the Farmer's Market day) is so cute! Love it!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a great weekend! Your garden is looking great--can't wait to see all the yummy food you get from it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously that ice cream looks amazing....confession I had that for dinner the other night. How did that not topple over? I would probably take one bite and then it would end up hitting my shoes (probably the one expensive pair I wore like an idiot) and it would just not end well. Love the dress you have on in the Farmers market pic and those flowers look so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete