Monday, June 23, 2014

Weekending - Officially Summer!

Yay for the first day/weekend of summer! Let's just hope northern Michigan keeps up the warm temps instead of the 50 degree weather that it was last week!
 
The weekend was a pretty tame one. {not lame, just tame ;)} For me anyway. The hubs on the other hand worked both Saturday and Sunday so his weekend was quite uneventful. Thank goodness he's such a hard worker though!
 
Friday night was gloomy and rainy. I wanted to work outside in the garden but instead made some dinner and hit the couch for a few. Sandy girl agreed that was a good plan!
 
Saturday I worked until noon and then packed up the pickup with the furbabies and headed southbound to the camper for the weekend.
My co-pilot
 
Michael got back to the camper from work shortly after I got there. We had a couple beers and went out to eat at the Tin Fish on Lake St. Clair. It was good food, good scenery, good beer, and great company. ♥


Don't these fake palm trees look so real?! Haha!
 
Sunday funday was pretty awesome! While the hubs was workin' hard {gotta love making double time on Sundays!!} I was hardly working on anything besides my tan! ;-)
 
After breakfast with my Ma and little sis, we stopped at my Grandma's to help get her garage cleaned up. It's quite the disaster and she's been having hip/knee problems so she has a hard time doing anything. After working up a sweat, Jasmine and I were ready for the pool! We headed back to Camp Furtah {aka our "step-grandparents" backyard where we keep our camper at}. We spent the rest of the day swimming and Michael joined us when he got home from work.


This is where Jack would stand and whine because he was so confused about how to get in the water. 
Once he's in, he's happy! 



Jasmine and I attempted to take underwater pictures with my lifeproof case 
 
Jack was tuckered right out and slept as soon as we got in the pickup. Sandy pretty much laid in the shade all day and was her lazy tubby self. :)
 
This morning, Jack was so exhausted and whiney that he wouldn't leave my side. Even as I got ready for work in the bathroom. He's such a big baby!
 
How was your kickoff to summer?!
 
 

Weekending

17 comments:

  1. Your eyes have got to be the bluest blue ever!! So pretty!! The Tin Fish location looks like a perfect summer place to eat!! All in all - totally relaxing and perfect weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say the exact same thing as Biana - your eyes are amazing!! So blue! And I love the photos of sweet Jack swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah the lifeproof case works underwater? That's pretty awesome! And I agree with everyone else - hand over some of those blue eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may need to get a lifeproof case just to take pictures underwater! Looks like an awesome relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Love following along with the pup pics this weekend and I have to ask- how do you stay drop dead gorgeous even posing under water?? hahaha love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Jack was swimming with you. It would take Diesel hours to figure out how to get in the water!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like everyone agrees...you've got some gorgeous blue eyes! What a view for dinner and I would have never guess that tree was fake. It looks so real! My parents have a pool and our dogs lounge on the top steps. They aren't fans of actually swimming but will spend all day just sitting on the steps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a perfect weekend! Love the pics of your dogs, they're so cute! They look pretty tuckered out after that day of swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah! My pup would love if we had a pool - how cute!! Looks like a great weekend!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandy Girl looks like a good snuggle buddy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun weekend! I love your pups & how they never want to leave your side :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this looks like so much fun! your dogs always look so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had an amazing weekend! Your pup is so cute trying to get into the pool! Haha! I think my dog would freak out trying to figure out how to get in too!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those palm trees look so real! Looks like you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww! Fun weekend! I saw that palm tree and did a double take! Haha Like...aren't you in Michigan?? LOL! We haven't taken Deedee swimming yet but I think she will do the exact same thing as Jack! Be scared at first but then love it :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. whoa, you have the bluest eyes ever. gorgeous. & swimming with the doggies looks fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. dang girl all I can see is your killer freaking abs! Give me your secrets!!!

    ReplyDelete