Friday, July 4, 2014

4th of July • Friday Favorites!

Happy Independence Day to all my fellow Americans! :-)
 
I'm thankful for this national holiday! Not only to celebrate America's Birthday with family and friends, watch fireworks, eat lots of great good, but also because it's a paid day off and who wouldn't enjoy that?!
 
 
Since my Madre is sitting the other room, I'm going to keep it short and sweet so I can get back to my company!
 
4th of July Throwbacks!
Our first 4th of July together in 2010
2013 - Our last 4th of July together before we were husband & wife!
{Ahhh! I miss that long hair!}
 
Favorite Recipe
Cucumber Salad
This is one of my favorite summer salads that I made for our BBQ tonight!
• 16 oz Pasta {I use rigatoni}
• 1TBSP Olive Oil
• 3/4 C White Vinegar
• 1 TBSP dry Parsley
• 1 TBSP Dill
• 4-6 Cucumbers peeled and diced
• 1 1/2 C Sugar
• 1 C Water
• 1tsp Salt
• 1tsp Pepper
• 1/2tsp garlic powder
• 1 small Onion
 
•• Cook Pasta••
•• Mix pasta, oil, cucumbers, and onions ••
•• In separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients and pour over noodle mixture ••
•• let sit in fridge overnight or 4-6 hours before serving ••
 
Favorite Flower
 
While we were gone staying at our camper this week, some of my lilies have bloomed! I got home yesterday afternoon and was so excited to see them even though I was irate that it was pouring rain! Lilies are one of my favorite flowers!
 
Favorite Upcoming Event 
I've always wanted to do a 5k even though I can't run that long due to my hip problems. But I still like to run what I can and it always looks like fun! My work is hosting a color run next month and I've talked my little sister and little cousin into doing it with me. The hubs will most likely be working otherwise I would have totally made him do it. Ha! :) Anyways, I'm excited for my first 5k and my first color run!
 
Last but not least....
 
Favorite Funny

 
Well I'm off to turn my Ma into a garden slave and get some weeding done! I'm looking forward to the long weekend, truck pulls, fire works, and ALLLLL the foods!!!
 
Have a fun and safe holiday, y'all!
 
 
Linking up with Amanda on her big 30th Birthday weekend for Friday Favorites! Go send her some birthday wishes! ;)
 
 
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Happy 4th!! Hope you have a fun weekend and the weather gets better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great weekend! I love making that cucumber pasta salad too! So cool and refreshing for summer cook outs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady! Look how long your hair was!! Mine used to be like that too - I'm slowly but surely getting back there ;) (after cutting it all off a few years ago!) lol
    The cucumber salad looks delicious!! Hope you had an awesome holiday weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete