Monday, July 7, 2014

4th of July Weekend Recap!

Woo! That was a busy yet enjoyable long weekend!
 
Thursday night after Michael got home from work, we decided to just relax since we knew it was going to be a busy weekend. My Mom and Greg came up Thursday night to stay for the weekend too!
 
Friday started out being productive doing some house work. Well... for me anyways. Michael and Greg were fishing Walleye out on Saginaw Bay and my Mom {as you can see below} was soaking up the sun drinking wine at 10am. I, on the other hand, was busy all morning cutting the grass and rototilling the garden.


 
Once I got my work done, I joined my Ma for some sun bathing on the patio

 
Friday evening once the guys got home from fishing, we went up town to the truck and tractor pulls



 
Saturday I had to go into work for a couple hours. Even though I would have rather stayed home, it was nice that it was literally only for a couple hours. I came home and spent most of the afternoon in the kitchen making some salads, desserts, and dinner dishes for the rest of the weekend. One of my favorites that I will be sharing soon was the Red, White, and Blue Truffle! {Okay, whatever it is  called... truffle, trifle, traffel?!} 
My little sis and I hanging out on the patio
 
Saturday night we park on the side of a backroad and wait until the sun goes down and watch the fireworks. It's quite awesome to not have to fight a crowd for a seat! My two preferences for watching fire works are either on a backroad or on the lake! Much more enjoyable!








 
Sunday consisted of the local parade and more over indulgence of food and sunshine! Perfect!
This is our little town. No traffic light or stop signs. If you blink at the right time, you'll be through the village. ;-)  
90% of the parade consisted of tractors. Ha! 


My MIL's dog, Tucker, in his swimming pool 
 
Sunday evening my Mom, Greg, and Jasmine headed home. Michael and I decided to end our weekend with relaxation by taking a country cruise to look for deer and the baby fox in the hale bales by our house. They are soooo cute!


 
 
And this is what Jack thought of Monday morning back to reality as the hubs left for work!

 
I hope y'all had a great holiday weekend!
What are your traditions?!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. What a great weekend - it looks like a blast! Our puppy swims in a pool like that too! What we do for our pups :) Happy Tuesday!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a fun weekend! A little work, a little play and lots of relaxation!! The little baby fox is just so cute!! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!! Love the picture of you and your mom and sister - so cute! And oh my gosh, how adorable are those little baby foxes?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun weekend! i love your tank top in the last few photos, and at least the weather was nice, right? haha love the gardening in your bikini + shorts - i do that when i mow the lawn sometimes to get some sun haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girlfriend, is that photo of you and your mom on the patio looking into your yard?! If so, you have some awesome space!!! And those baby foxes are way adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great weekend! That trifle bowl looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Mom's got the right idea... BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS! bahahahahah
    That baby fox is so darn cute... kinda looks like my dog! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. so much fun! your yard is huge and awesome! love the picture of the fireworks from the back of the truck but it shocks me to see you in pants and sweatshirt in July! and i would want to take one of the foxes home...are they mean???

    ReplyDelete