Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday Favorites!

What the what?! It's the last Friday in July! I don't wanna like it! Sloooooow down summer, sloooow down!


For the second time this week, I've got a bunch of random mumble jumble!
 
New product love: DoTerra Shield
About a month ago I decided to try this natural oil in place of bug spray. Honest to goodness, it creates a literal shield around you! Over 4th of July weekend for example, we were all sitting in the back of the pickup and everyone except Michael had put a couple drops on. The bugs were hovering over us. We could see them, but they weren't biting us at all! Except Michael! Ha! Silly husband! Long story short, the shit works and I love it!
 
 
 
New Top
I'm loving this new chevron blouse I purchased the other day from Peebles! Ten dollars, make you holla! :) I love that it's long enough to wear with leggings too!
Self timer for the win! {minus my hair looking like a mullet!} 
 
I have this similar one in pink that I purchased at Peebles last winter too! Love the style and colors in both!

 
DIY
A while ago, I asked my husband for a fence. A yard decor fence for a flower garden. My MIL has one she purchased at a craft show and I love it. He finally started working on it and used some wood we already had {we have a small "shed" that we call the grainery that is stocked with barn wood and other wood from trees that Michael has cut down and planed. It's handy for projects!} which was nice to not have to spend any money! This week I worked on painting it. The furbabies of course always have to be by my side and Sandy girl was of course speckeled in white paint.
 
Weather
The summertime is definitely my favorite weather of the year! It's just so nice to be able to relax outside, do yard work, or just play with the dogs outside. They of course have been enjoying it as well! Even though it really hasn't been quite as warm as it normally is in the summer, it's still enjoyable!


Notice the deadheads off my flowers in between Jack's legs....
 
Hair-do
Last week Meredith at Belle in Boots posted a pic of her perfect poof pony tail! Her exact words "I did this. And if I can, you can too." So I watched the you tube video she posted and I tried it yesterday since I had a dirty hair/runing late for work kind of morning! It's not perfect but it was a start! Super easy! Who knew?!
 
 
Workout
I've been seeing some interesting workout videos on social media with  using paper plates on carpet or rags on hardwood floors. I must admit, I find it amusing and I kind of want to try it!
 
Last but not least... I couldn't resist to share some of the adorable one year pictures I took in our backyard of my friend's little girl this week! She is too stinkin' cute! Although I was a little bummed I didn't get many of her looking straight at the camera because she was more interested in the flowers! :)

Look at those chubby thighs! ♥♥♥
 
 
Wooohooo! It's Friday! Have a great weekend!
 
 
Meet At The Barre

12 comments:

  1. I love your new blouse it's such a pretty color combo!! So those workouts with things to slide on the floor really work and you feel sore the next day - give it a try!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for that natural insect repellant reco! i've been looking for one but not sure if they actually worked. we get eaten alive during our trail runs and i hate having to spray the chemical jazz on me.

    have a great weekend!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need some of that insect repellant asap!! I get bit just stepping in my backyard - even if it's literally for 2 minutes :(
    Love the new blouse - and your pouf ponytail looks great! I have tried a million times and it never ends up looking like that lol ;)
    What a nice hubby to build you a fence for your flower garden! And sounds like you need it to keep Jack away from them haha! Silly pups! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute hair! I'm going to have to try that out. And what a great backdrop for pictures! Hope you guys have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your hair is so cute! i absolutely could not do that haha. i love your new blouse and the pink one too, $10 cant go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. bahahahaha seriously stop the madness. I would face plant in 10 seconds if I tried to slide on paper plates on wood floors. I think I need someone to video me attempting that because it has a potential gif written all over it.

    You took beautiful pictures! Those legs I would squeeze the crap out of them. Hope you have a fab weekend girl! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg I have hair envy so bad right now!! Seriously, your curled pony with the poof looks perfect!! Thanks for sharing about that bug repellent, building our house in the woods and camping often I'm always on the lookout for good stuff!! Happy weekend!! Oh and nice job on the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've GOT to learn how to do a cute ponytail! I watched the tutorial video that Meredith posted last week and planned to actually try it...but I haven't gotten around to it. Seriously...how can someone be BAD at ponytails? Believe me, I am!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I needed the bug spray earlier this week. We went paintballing down here in Charleston and I got eatten alive! I had 30 bites just on one leg!!! Talk about a scene the next day at the beach lol Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous photos!
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both the shirts! They look great on you. I definitely have to check out the hair do because it looks great and easy. Great job on the photos...too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww beautiful baby!!! :) SUNFLOWER background is GORG! PS, you have 2 die for hair!

    ReplyDelete