Friday, August 15, 2014

{Not a whole lotta} Friday Favorites...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
 
As we all know, it's Friday and that's a great thing if you ask me!
 
I didn't have too much of an exciting week. Played lots of catch up around the house and garden! But I did do a little bit of shopping and of course I've got to share my favorite find with ya'll!
 
We've got some company coming over for the weekend and I've got a couple menu items in mind! {One of which I've got to share because it's so yummy!}
 
I've also got a huge ass "hunnie do list" lined up for the hubs! But, I'm going to try to take it easy on him since he hasn't been home since August 3rd! Plus.... we all know the last weekend he was home{arguments and flyin' solo to a wedding} wasn't necessarily our best and I did fly off the crazy train on the poor guy.... True story.
 
Favorite recipe!
Since I'm having company over I thought this would be a great time to make this yummy breakfast dessert. Just kidding, I won't be feeding that to them for breakfast. However, if they weren't there, I would most definitely be eating this for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert.
 
What you need:
 
• 1 Cake Mix {w/ pudding already included}
• 1 large can of Mandarian Oranges {do not drain}
•1/2 C Oil
•2 eggs
 
• 1 small tub of cool whip
• 1 small box of lemon pudding
• 1 small can of crushed pineapple {do not drain}
 
• Mix first 4 ingredients. {do not follow instructions on cake box}
• Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes. Let cool.
• In separate bowl, mix remaining 3 ingredients. Place in fridge.
• Once cake is cool, spread frosting over top.
 
And serve! :)
 
Favorite Find
I had to go to the city this week to do some shopping for a bridal shower I'm throwing next weekend and while I was near the mall, I decided to pop into a couple stores to see if I found any deals. And of course, I did! I found this pretty maxi at Macys on the clerance rack! Originally $40 marked down to $19.90 plus I had a 20% off coupon! You can find the skirt online here.
 
Favorite Garden Progress
As I mentioned last week, my garden has gotten a bit out of control and taken over by weeds since we haven't been home much! Well this week I went on a mission almost every day and was able to put a dent in the weeds. This is only 1 of the 3 wheel barrow fulls so far.... and there's lots more to go! Lord help me... :) 

Silly Jack always by my side waiting to see what I find in the weeds
 
Favorite Garden Goods
Right now I've been getting a lot of cucumbers and zucchini. I think the broccoli is done for the season and the tomatoes are going to be ripe next! Since I can't eat that many damn cucumbers, I finally found the time to can some pickles. So far, I've got 15 pints to stock the pantry. I'm slightly afraid to see what I wind up with considering there's a shit pile still ripe on the plants. It's a good thing I love pickles!
 
 
 
Well that's all I have to share today! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


15 comments:

  1. That recipe looks delish and those veggies look amazing! Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The name of the cake is just hilarious!!! I love the deal you got - way to go girl!! Have a great weekend with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm that cake sounds so good! (And the name is hilarious ;)
    Your cucumbers look fabulous! And man I need to stop complaining about when I have to weed - because I can already see you have like 10x the size of my garden to work with!! At least you have that sweetie Jack to keep you company ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm that cake. Yes please! Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack...whatever works for me! :) And LOVE that skirt! What a great find! You definitely can't beat the price. Hope you have an amazing weekend!!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that maxi skirt! And perfect to dress up for a shower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! You & your awesome recipes! -Mama makes a cake just like that and it is soooo good! I am so jealous of your garden goodies and I'm pretty positive you're going to mail me a jar right?? :) :) Ya'll have a great weekend pretty girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from the link-up...I'm so impressed with your garden! I need some of those cucumbers and zucchini. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They way you feel about your cukes is how I felt this week about the green beans! I picked two 5 gallon buckets worth. Knowing I couldn't keep up with that many I gave a lot way and kept some back to can this weekend. I've already done 20 quarts, but would like to see another 20 more going into the fall. For whatever reason, my husband didn't plant any cukes so everything I've had this summer has been from friends. I did some refrigerator pickles with them! Have you ever tried zucchini relish?!? Good stuff! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm jealous of your garden!! Your cucumbers and zucchini look great. I have no backyard and that's probably a good thing because I have a horrible black thumb. lol. That cake sounds yummy too. Have a great weekend lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so jealous of your garden! Pete and I were literally JUST talking about how we wished we had one today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So jealous of your garden! I hope next summer we can at least have a small garden at the house, but I bet it will be 2 summers before we cam have the one we really want! That skirt is adorable! You got a sweet deal for sure! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo, I have such a sweet tooth- that dessert looks amazing!! Cute maxi! Hope y'all had a fun weekend :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. pig licking cake! never heard of that but it sounds like something from where i'm from down south!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my gosh that cake looks amazing, but the name! haha. hilarious. that skirt is so cute, and i am so jealous of your garden. we would save so much money if we could grow shit. lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so jealous of your garden!! I need to do a small one for myself next year...I don't need much, but it'd be nice to at least have a few plants to get some fresh veggies from. Reading about your pickles made my mouth water...I love pickles too!

    ReplyDelete