Monday, August 18, 2014

Weekend Recap!

Happy Monday!
 
Even though I'm sad that the weekend is over, I'm looking forward to a busy week and I'm ready to get it started!
 
Our weekend wasn't too eventful, but it was productive around the house - which was much needed! We also had some family over so that was nice!
 
I got to thinking... Friday's aren't exciting as they used to be. Anymore I find myself doing house work just like any other day and going to bed by 10. Ha!
 
This Friday however, I did not go to bed by 10 because Mr. Joy was out drinking on a boat with some dude from work that I've never met and of course I was worried about him making it off the water and back to the camper safely. Finally after 1am he let me know he made it. 5 hours later I had to get up for work. It's my own fault for being a worry wart but regardless, I wasn't very happy.
 
Therefore, Saturday afternoon once I got home from work, nothing was done except having a naptime. And that was the extent of my day! Until we headed out to a family BBQ for a few hours and then back home for our company that was camping at our house. My sister and I cuddled up on the couch and we all visited in the living room for the night.
 
Sunday morning I made fresh blueberry waffles for everyone and Michael went out back to pick some fresh blackberries as well. It was a yummy breakfast and everyone loved it! And we had some Pig Lickin' Cake for "dessert"! :)
 
Once the family headed out, Michael and I got to doing some yard work. First we picked peaches. Which Jackass thought we were playing fetch with the peaches. Silly dog.
 
We pretty much spent the remainder of the day in the garden doing some much needed weeding/rototilling. Once that was all over, I was pretty much toast for the day! But it was nice to enjoy some sunshine!
 

Front view
Back view 
Garden Goodies
 
In the evening we shot our bows. I'm still trying to get my sighted in at 20, 30, & 40 yards before I can practice shooting. My sight seems to be a little off and it's quite frustrating moving it a little bit each time. But I suppose, patience is a virtue. :)


 
And that about sums up our weekend! Kind of boring and pictureless but that's okay! :)
 
I hope you had a nice weekend!
 

 
 
 


11 comments:

  1. Looks like a very relaxing weekend! We did a good bit of running and therefore it flew by and here I am again sitting here at work! I so need to get my bow sighted in too, I haven't shot it since like March or April! oops I hope you enjoy you work week (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally the same way and worry for absolutely no reason at all!! I am so jealous of your garden and those peaches look amazing!! Glad you had a productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cory always says that my mind goes to the worst possible situation like if he doesn't answer his phone he must be in a ditch somewhere. Maybe it's just a girl thing??? Too funny about the peaches! Your garden goodies all look so yummy! I really wish we had space to plant a big garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same thing when my husband is out! I stay up worrying until he's home safe. Fresh blackberries sound amazing! Sounds like a productive weekend and bonus that you got a nap in :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden blows my mind. Our cucumbers are like 3 inches long and our corn is a joke. We can grow some tomatoes though! Sounds like you had a good weekend though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to do that same thing Thursday night!! Joe was at beer league, he took the bike, said he wouldn't be long, left at 7, I woke up at 1130 and he was still gone! They don't realize how much we worry! Silly men! Anyway, rant over, your garden is amazing! Sometimes weekends of doing little to nothing are the best! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i was beyond certain i commented on this yesterday. your garden looks amazing, i wish i could grow veggies. i am the queen of worrying girl, i know exactly what you mean. even if my husband goes out to a bar with a friend (on land haha) i wait up for him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! I feel the same way about Fridays most of the time...same ole. You know I loved ALL of your pics over the weekend! Such a pretty place ya'll have!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our Fridays are usually spent in bed by 10:00 p.m. too! I am so jealous of your garden and all the fresh goodies you are getting from it--yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie I love your garden! Wow, how pretty. I hope you have a great week girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so jealous of your garden! i cant wait to have a bigger lawn someday and start growing some good stuff! xo jillian - stop by I'm hosting a great giveaway on cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete