Monday, August 4, 2014

Weekending • 5k & Another Wedding ♥

Well the first weekend of August has already come and gone... and it was another busy one!
 
After driving back and forth from the camper to work all week, I was exhausted come Friday. Don't get me wrong, I love having the option of going to stay with the hubs now that he works in the state, but all that waking up early and driving 4 hours a day is sooo tiresome!
 
To top it off, Friday after work I had to drive an hour and a half to the 5k color run my work hosted in Port Huron. Apparently I wasn't thinking straight when I planned the week out!
 
So I rushed there from work. Changed my clothes in the back seat of my car and met my Mom in the parking lot. She dropped off Jasmine and Alexa {sister & cousin} and snapped a couple pictures before we started.
 
Due to being pressed for time, we didn't make it at the start. So we ran to catch up with the other walkers/runners. Jasmine didn't want to run much tho. She's not much of an active kid. We ran/walked off and on. Which was completely fine, we still had a good time! We finished in about 48 minutes so I don't think that was too bad! It honestly flew by and didn't even feel like 3 miles!
 
My Mom met us at the finish line and we took some pictures of us loaded with color dust! 


 
I seen my manager come across the finish line as well so we snapped a quick picture.
 
Then we joined the group for the color throw. Which I don't have any pictures of and I'm still waiting for them to be uploaded online.
 
Overall I thought it was a great time! I loved how family oriented it was and how much extra stuff they offered at the end. I will definitely be doing another one of those someday!
 
Saturday was not a very good day. I was rushing around to pack clothes for a wedding so I could head straight there after work. I dropped a ring down the sink. I almost hit a deer and when I slammed on my breaks my entire bag of clothes, makeup, and jewlery flew forward and spilled all over the back seat. I forgot many things at home. Got into an argument with Michael. Therefore wound up going to my friend's wedding by myself and was late for that as well. Needless to say, I couldn't wait for the day to be over.
 
On a brighter note, it was nice to see my beautiful friend, Jillian, get married and it was so nice to see so many of my long time friends from middle/high school. Funny story, Jillian married one of our 7th grade teachers. Who we of course all thought was the hottest man alive. Too funny! We all tease her, who would have thought when she grew up she would be Bishop's wife! ;)
 
The wedding was in her parents back yard. Which is just beautiful landscaping! Everything was a rustic/vintage theme. It was simply amazing! I didn't take any pictures or take my DSLR because it was pouring rain. Plus I was more occupied with visiting. :)

BTW - Jillian is pregnant, hence the reason Dee is holding her belly. Not her lady parts. ;)

 
Sunday was a low key day. I slept in for the first time in probably a month. It was glorious!!!! We walked to breakfast with my Mom and then spent the day cleaning the camper. Since Michael has been living in it full time, it's pretty atrocious. A good cleaning was way over due. Thankfully, the hubs helped me. Jack napped through it all. Sandy hates the vaccum so she was outside sun bathing.
 
Once the cleaning was done, Jasmine came over to visit and we all relaxed for a few and then went swimming.
 
Jack and Sandy got their hair cut off {yay for no hair = no shedding!}.
 
Michael and I did some grocery shopping for the camper and then we headed our separate ways. His work location changed for a couple weeks so he's headed to a state campground near Ann Arbor for the time being.
 
My copilot had a rough time keeping his eyes open on the ride home.
 
 
Here's to another week and hoping I get something done around my house for once!
B Loved Boston Weekending Linkup {can't find the link... fail!}
 
 
 
 
 


12 comments:

  1. That color run looks like so much fun! I've always wanted to do one but just never have. That sucks all of the driving you've been doing though. I hope that gets better for you soon! And that wedding looks like so much fun! I don't blame you for not bringing your DSLR out. Hope you have a great week!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot imagine commuting 4 hours every day! That is crazy girl! My hubs travels a lot, so I feel your pain there. Looks like a pretty wedding! Hope your weekend turned around ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to do a color run - they just look like so much fun!! That is so much commuting for you - hopefully it slows down for you soon!! Hope you have a great start to your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Dee is holding her belly. Not her lady parts" Bahahahahhahaah! Thank you for the clarification!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that colour run looks so fun! 48 minutes is not bad at all lol. 4 hours a day?! holy crazy. no thank you! you are dedicated ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girlfriend you were BUSY this weekend!!! And yay for the color run - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun but busy weekend! Love the color run pics! At least you made it haha! And the pup pics are def my fav! Hope you have a great week girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why has he been living in the camper? ... Did I miss something? ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun color run with your sister! I've never done one but they always look like alot of fun :) (however I am so NOT a runner haha!) And yay for sleeping in!! So glad you got some much deserved rest! I love when I get the chance to sleep in, even if it's only until like 8:30 or 9 am! Those days are so few and far between now... xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a beautiful wedding I love the tent with lights! I'm sorry that last picture I am dying over here laughing....like a little man child sitting up in that car seat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to do a Color Run. It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had fun at your Color Run! Too funny that your friend married your former teacher!

    ReplyDelete