Sunday, September 21, 2014

Weekending: Offically Fall!

Holy shit, it's Sunday and I actually have a moment to write up a post about our weekend! Impressive if you ask me!
 
As I mentioned last week, things have been extremely busy around yonder. But! This weekend was a sure sign of fresh air and free time! It was marvelous!
 
The hubs and I were able to catch up on a lot around the house seeing as we have been so busy lately and haven't been able to keep up with things. It was a great feeling to get some stuff done, spend some time together, and relax a little! Oh, and most importantly, I got to sleep in for the first time in months!
 
Friday night consisted of ice cream with some friends {no pictures - fail}. Even though the Michigan weather has been terribly cold already, ice cream is always good in my books. Especially the fall flavors that they currently carry! Caramel Apple for the win!
 
Saturday I had to work and then get some groceries. The hubs and I went out to one of the ground blinds in the afternoon for the early doe season hunt this weekend. Unfortunately we didn't look at the radar and were completely oblivious of the severe thunderstorm rolling in... until we seen the black sky. Oooops! We only sat out for an hour but it was still nice to get out in the blind and we did see a couple deer.
 
On a better note, my little sister beat the rain and shot this beautiful 160lb doe! So proud of her!  
 
Today consisted of terrible rain, a to do list around the house {including bringing winter clothes out & putting summer attire away since this weather is obviously here to stay}, and the rest of the day was spent in the kitchen baking!
 
We had lots of zucchini and raspberries fresh from the garden so I did a mixture of my favorite - Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread and then I tried a new recipe from my MIL Raspberry Zucchini Chocolate Bread. Yum!


 
How was your weekend!? Do you have fall weather already!?
 

 


10 comments:

  1. Wow!!! All of that bread looks so yummy!! And girlfriend, you make camo look good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your bread looks amazing!! Congrats to your sister on her doe! So awesome. You look awesome in all your camo too with your bow! Glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fantastic weekend! Hubs had brought home a hunting magazine from Dunhams and I had to look twice to make sure you weren't on the front cover, lol! Those breads like divine....

    ReplyDelete
  4. When does your season start? I just got my now this week and practiced this weekend. Ready for deer season here on IL

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh you need to warn a girl before you show a dead animal on your blog ;) lol. the bread looks amazing and you look so cute in your camo - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMM!! Those raspberries look perfect and so do all those baked goodies you made ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bread sounds delicious! I live in hot humid South Carolina and I am sooo eagerly awaiting fall weather!! Some years we do not have much of a fall here at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my heavens- venison, raspberries, baking and officially fall = best post ever!! Hope ya'll had a great weekend pretty girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to put my summer clothes away and bring out my winter clothes too...not ready for that, but I think you're right-the cooler weather is here to stay in Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't decide if I'm ready for fall weather or not?!?! I love fall, but according to TWC we are going to get some upper 70s/low 80s over the next 10 days and I won't be complaining! Matt has been shooting his bow like a crazy person and is all a tizzy because he hasn't gotten a food plot in that he wanted. All that zucchini bread looks great! I have a big one on the counter I need to do something with....

    ReplyDelete