Monday, October 20, 2014

Phew, that was a long week!

I'm not going to lie, it was nice to see Monday come around again! If I had to summarize last week in two words it would be: cluster f*ck chaos overload
 
Let's recap the nonsense...
 
*disclaimer: long winded post*
 
After a great weekend getaway up north... the week started off great with a paid holiday off! We spent Sunday night at the camper. Michael had to go to work and I slept in {woohoo!} with the dogs before heading to my hair appointment {which was waaay overdue since April!} at my Mom's salon and then to do some shopping.
My cuddle buddy
My new watch! I've been on the look out for an affordable watch for months. My Mom and I stopped into my hometown jewelry store and they had a few watches that I loved. This one in particular because it's a slate greyish color that can be worn with pretty much anything. Plus is has some pretty diamond details and who doesn't like a little sparkle?! I had rewards built up from when I bought my wedding jewelry plus my wedding bands so I was out the door only spending $64 on this beauty! I was quite excited!
 
While cutting the grass and doing some yard work after work one night, I couldn't help but capture this pretty fall scenery in our backyard. Natures beauty is one of my favorites!
 
The rest of the week was complete chaos leading up to one of my friends wedding on the weekend.  She had so much stuff to do and I had already been busy working on what I could in my spare time... I didn't have much time to take on anything else. Which made me feel bad and stress out for her. However, it pissed me off that there were so many other bridesmaids and no one else had done anything to help!
 
Thursday
Since the bride requested that our nails were done, I made a nail appointment at a new place in town. I typically only get my pampering done at my Mom's salon but this time I didn't have much of a choice since I live so far away. BIG mistake. Two of us were there for 4 hours. Four flipping hours.  Good thing I had taken the favors with me to work on! One girl rotated between both of us. It was ridiculous. I didn't get home until 9pm and I felt terrible for the furbabes that were cooped up all day. Needless to say... she didn't get much of a tip and I doubt I will be going back there. Oh, and my nails don't even look good. It's been 4 days and half of them are completely chipped off. I've never had shellac that didn't stay on perfect for weeks!

This is after only being there for an hour and I was still smiling... ha!
 
Friday
 I worked a couple hours in the morning and then ran around trying to tie up some loose ends for the wedding. It got thrown on the bridal party last minute to make a dessert for the rehersal so I had to run to the store to whip something together. Then I got a call from the bride that a groomsmen had just backed out and if there was any way Michael could step in. Which I knew would be almost impossible. Not to mention, what would the odds be that the suit already ordered would even fit Michael?! So yeah that was chaos. Then rushing around trying to help with other things was chaos. The rehersal started late. I forgot my camera due to running around all day. Then sat at a table by myself working on wedding favors that were still not done and do you think any of the other bridesmaids would have taken the time to help?! Well one of them did. But that was it.
 
 
After the rehersal and dinner at the church, we headed to the hall to setup. The bride was supposed to go there during the day after 1pm to setup and that didn't happen. Therefore nothing was done. By time we got there it was 8:55pm. They closed at 9 and the guy was a jerk about us being there. Luckily, he let us stay for an hour and a half. By 10:30, I was down right exhausted and kind of pissed off that only 3 out of 8 bridesmaids even came there to help. Oh, and to top it off, one of them said they couldn't come help because they wanted to stay with their husband since she hadn't seen him all day. I literally said all day??? Geez.. I haven't seen my husband in FIVE f*ing days. Yep. Dead silence. Needless to say, I went home drained on all levels.
 
Saturday...
...wedding day, started bright and early and already full of stress. The bride and 3 girls who stayed the night at her house were up until 3am working on last minute things that should have been weeks ago. Then they headed back to the hall at 8am to finish setting up. I had to be at the salon to get my hair done. The bride requested all of us to be there for pictures by 11. So I sat around after my hair was done {which I didn't like} and the bride still wasn't there. Neither was her sister or niece and we were all supposed to be to the church by 12:30 for pictures. Instead of staying at the salon, Kelsey gave me a list of things that still needed to be done. So I headed off to do those things. The ceremony was supposed to start at 2 and didn't start until 2:30. The bride hadn't even arrived to the church until 1:55. Two other bridesmaids got there at 2:15. {Did I mention the word chaos??!}
 
 
 
The ceremony finally began and it was beautiful. Until I got light headed, everything turned fuzzy, and I thought I was going to pass out. From that point on I don't remember much besides focusing on my breathing and holding on to the railing so I didn't fall over. One of the bridesmaids ran to get me some water {thankfully} and immediately after the ceremony I headed to sit down and get a snack and something to drink. I knew it was because of the stress, running around, and not eating enough. I wound up going home before we had to be back for pictures. Getting away from the chaos was exactly what I needed. And the hubs made me food.
 
Then Michael and I headed back to take pictures before heading to the reception. We got way behind doing that as well and the reception didn't wind up starting on time. It was 35 minutes late. Once again, kind of chaotic. Once we were all there, it felt a bit relieving. The rest of the evening was okay for me, I didn't feel the greatest still and I was still exhausted so we left early. I couldn't wait to sleep!
 
 
Sunday...
 was a great day around the house. The hubs let me sleep in, which was much needed after all that chaos. We started the process of tearing out of the old carpet in 2 of the 3 bedrooms and the new stuff gets put in this coming weekend. Then we spent the afternoon in the woods hunting. We didn't get anything, but it was still a great way to end the day - together, outside, beautiful fall day, and fresh air.


 
 
Now that that week of chaos is over... I'm looking forward to a low key week!
 
{If you stuck through reading all that... thanks!}
 
 
 
 



11 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time! Your new watch is gorgeous! Always enjoy seeing pics of your cute pups :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I am in LOVE with that new watch bc of the color (and price!) Gorgeous! What a busy time surrounding that wedding omg- I bet you were exhausted!! Hope ya'll are doing well love!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new watch!! I've never found one that looks "right" on me...blame the stubby arms/wrists ;) haha!
    You're friend was such a beautiful bride!! But I'm so sorry you were feeling light headed! :(
    Hopefully you are feeling better now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You poor thing, I would be tearing my hair out if I were you! I hate people that won't help, if you're going to committ to being a bridesmaid then you are going to be helping! You rock, the bride owes you big time!

    Love the new watch so much! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not know how you kept your mouth shut the whole time, I would have been pissing some girls off for sure! Talk about lousy friends! I am so glad Michael was there to help you out later and then on Sunday. On to better things, the leaves look gorgeous up there right now and I cannot wait to see what Baby Joy's nursery looks like (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, what a horrible time! were you the MOH? that sucks the other bridesmaids didn't help, and gosh talk about chaos! no wonder you were feeling light headed, you poor thing. hope the bride got you a really awesome gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty sure you get an award for not going bat shit crazy on those girls!! At least you were able to have some 'recovery' time on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! What a stressful, crazy wedding! You are such a good friend to have done everything you did for the bride. It's too bad the other bridesmaids couldn't step up like you did. That would have stressed me out like crazy too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Lord girl.....you are an amazing friend! I am not doing any handmade things because I am not crafty and don't expect anyone else to be (except my mother but she's in her own league). You looked gorgeous though!!!! I was driving home last night and there was the most gorgeous pink sunset I literally stopped and stared at it for a few minutes.....natures beauty for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Weddings like this are why for the longest time I said if I was never a bridesmaid again it would be too soon. That is also why I was a total Nazi and made a strict timeline and got a ton of stuff done way before my wedding. I think people thought I was a bridezilla when I emailed a timeline out weeks in advance, but the day ran smoothly. Glad that is over for you, and your friend got the end result, being married!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness, girl! I would have had a complete meltdown if that was my wedding or I was in it. I can't handle the disorganization or procrastination like that! But you and your friend both looked beautiful! Glad you had a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete