Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Venison Steak Marinade

 
Since I just harvested my first deer of the season a few days ago, I thought this new marinade recipe I tried would be a great recipe to share! 
 
And since I've been craving steak during this pregnancy, you know this was right up my ally for dinner this week! The hubs claims that venison steaks are comparable to a filet mignon... no way! Give me more! Haha! :)
 
This marinade can actually be used for any type of steak or roast, not just venison!
 
Three ingredients:
 
Liquid Smoke - only 5-6 drops
Worcestershire - Approx a few tables spoons
Italian Dressing - as much as needed
 
My suggestion is the longer you marinade the steaks, the better the taste will be!
 
Mix ingredients {I honestly don't measure them, I'm basically like a scientist and just eyeball it ha!} and then pour over steaks. Let set in the fridge for 3-24 hours {the longer the better}
 
Cook steaks as you desire! I cooked these venison steaks over low heat in a frying pan so that they didn't get over cooked which allows them to remain tender and savor the flavor!
 
Enjoy!
 
 
 


8 comments:

  1. I saw this on your insta feed last night and my mouth was salivating! YUM :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so good - did you eat the one you shot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I've got some steaks in the freezer that I'll have to try this with :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting your doe! It's always so exciting! Matt has put deer hunting on the back burner now that waterfowl and pheasants have opened here in Illinois, but I'm still holding out hope for some venison!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmmmmm tell me where I can get liquid smoke! I love scientist cooking like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this looks really good! Love your blog! -xo

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deer hunting is so big around here. I know quite a few people who would appreciate this recipe, I'll be sharing it with them!

    ReplyDelete