Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas Card + Christmas Favorites

Technically it's Thursday night and I'm already hosting a pre-party for Friday Favorites. ha! But seeing as I'm off work tomorrow and I will be heading to the city for my lovely glucose test at the crack ass of dawn {the sooner I get there, the sooner I get to eat/drink again!}, I won't have any time to hop on the computer in the morning.
 
Without further adieu... today I'm sharing some Christmas Favorites - including our 2014 Christmas Card!  
 
Merry Christmas from the Joy's!
This year I used the photo's from our gender reveal photoshoot.
As I did last year, I made our card design on Picmonkey. I've spent so much time looking on websites for a template but I can never bring myself to pay the money. Instead, I just use the 5x7 design option on Picmonkey and then shop around for the cheapest printing prices. Last year I used Sam's club and just had them printed as photo's. They cost 35 cents a piece. This year I used a local print shop and had them printed on card stock but they were still glossy. I paid 38 cents a piece. No complaining over here :)
 
 
♥♥
Speaking of Christmas cards... as much as I enjoy sending ours out to friends and family, I especially love coming home to a mailbox of Christmas cards from them! Last year I hung them along our front bay window, but this year I decided to hang them above the fireplace. I love seeing all the creative ways people hang their cards up via Pinterest and Blog land!
 
♥♥♥
Annual trip to Frankenmuth! This weekend!!
One of my favorite things to do during the holiday season is head over to Frankenmuth - which is basically the best Christmas town ever! Actually the Travel Channel just voted Frankenmuth the most amazing Christmas town in America! I especially love going to Bronner's - the World's largest Christmas store - to look around and pick out our yearly ornament for our tree. After we take a pit stop at Bronner's we usually make our way up town and walk the streets from shop to shop. I have to give credit to Michael to sucking it up every year and taking me to do something I love to do because I'm sure he could do without it. :)
Bronner's 2013
 
♥♥♥♥
Christmas Lights!
I just love seeing Christmas lights! Especially the ones that are set up on the radio and are tuned to music. Those are just simply entertaining. There is a really awesome light show near our house that we always go watch however this year they aren't set up due to some construction at the house. I'm super bummed! I wish I could find one just like it! Until then, I'll just enjoy seeing the light setups!
 
♥♥♥♥♥
FOOOOOOD!!! Pregnant or not, I just love Christmas gatherings and ALLL the food! Although this year I will really have to watch my face stuffing skills in order to prevent a future meltdown over weight gain. haha! One thing I especially look forward to making is holiday dirt cake! I mentioned how much dirt cake I ate over Thanksgiving weekend... and it's not a good sign if I'm already dreaming about it next week! I'll share the recipe soon!
 
♥♥♥♥♥♥
Along with food, I also enjoy holiday cocktails. Or just cocktails in general. Well... I used to anyways. ;-) For some reason, it just makes the holiday gatherings that much better! Lisa posted this amazing Christmas Sangria last weekend and I'm still drooling over it! I think I might even make it with my non-alcoholic wine!
 
 
Well, I'm off to enjoy a 4 day weekend! Yippie! {Minus the glucose test part of it... ha! Seriously though.. I already have anxiety about it. Not the fluid stuff... the bloodwork. I'm such a sissy.}
 
Enjoy your weekend!
 
 
P.S. These are not my only Christmas favorites... of course I am thankful for the true reason for the season and wish the big guy upstairs a Happy Birthday! I also love to see all of our families!
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas card- turned out great!! You're right, that Christmas sangria does look aaaamazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do a great job designing your own card so there is no need to pay someone else a higher price to do it!! You should totally make it non-alcholoic and drink away girl!! Happy Friday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card! I just posted about how we got our picture and the 1000 tries with kids and animals, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect Xmas card!! Lady - how do you get your dogs to sit like that so nicely for a picture?!?! Mine would be either wrestling or chasing each other around...sighhhh. LOL! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously- your card wins Christmas! I just love it! Yes to the food and yes to that sangria recipe! Yum! (cheers to our mocktails!) Hope yall enjoy the weekend and have a fabulous time!! MUAH!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your gender reveal photos - that's perfect that they worked for your Christmas cards! I had to look up where this Frankenmuth place was because it sounds fabulous! 4.5 hours...tempting, but I don't think I could convince the hubs. And yes to all the Christmas food! Although I'm watching it a bit more since the heartburn has kicked in! Have a great weekend lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. merry christmas lovely! hope you all had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete