Friday, January 16, 2015

Baby Stuff + Random Stuff = Friday Favorites!

It's been a long time since I've linked up with Amanda for Friday Favorites!
 
I'm throwing a random mix together of things I'm diggin' lately! Of course a few of them being baby related because I'll be honest... with only 10 weeks {plus 2 days} until my due date, baby stuff is weighing a lot on my mind!  
 
Fav DIY:
 
As you may have seen on IG {@justjuliejoy} last night... I'm back to making some progress on the burp cloths I started on Thanksgiving. I didn't anticipate it taking over a month for me to get some spare time to work on them again! But phew... I'm running out of time before the baby gets here! I'm hoping to get the majority of them sewn this weekend. I've got the pieces all cut out. Just needs to be pinned together and start up that beast of a sewing machine! Get 'er done!
 
Fav Pin:
 
I absolutely adore this mobile for baby Joy's room! I didn't see any in store that went with her room colors not to mention a mobile is $40+!! Nonsense. I'm not sure how crafty I am, but I think I can attempt it. And if I really want to be cheap, you can find me stock piling paint chip cards at the paint store over the next couple weeks. Ha!  
 
Fav New Item:
 
I received a lot of new gifts for Christmas that I absolutely love! But this is one that I'm using every single day and I think it's quite awesome! The set I received for Christmas has one larger size as well as one smaller size. The plastic inserts are velcro'd {spelling??} in and you can remove them if need be. And it folds up into a perfect square without throwing the contents all around! I'm not sure where my girlfriend got it from but I found it for sale in different colors for $29.99 on HSN here!
 
 
Fav Purchase:
 
I feel like I have lots of favorite purchases lately... but this one is just too cute not to share! I seen this shirt at Motherhood and since I had a coupon, I just had to buy it!
 
Fav thing I'm looking forward to:
 
Okay so there is more than one thing I'm looking forward to...
 
1.) Going to stay the night at my Mom's plus doing some shopping and getting my hair done!
2.) Baby Shower #1 next Saturday! Eeeek!
3.) My brother is coming home in 3 weeks unexpectedly! It will be a short trip and I'll be working a lot while he's here since I wasn't able to plan any time off not knowing he was coming, but it will still be good to see him and I'm sure he'll get a kick out of seeing me pregnant! ♥
 
Fav Recipe:
 
Oh and why not throw in the dirt cake recipe that I posted this week and I know we're all still craving it!
 
 
Have a great weekend!

 
 
 
 


13 comments:

  1. Omg I love that mobile!! Sooo cute! Way to go on the burp clothes too! You rock! Happy Friday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mobile is beautiful!! I'm sure you can DIY it. I've seen how-tos on pinterest for something similar. Way to go making burp clothes! I'm not that savvy with a sewing machine (well I don't even own a sewing machine. lol). Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get out of here with that wonderful make-up storage - I WANT!! Love that mobile and think you can totally recreate it!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hello dirt cake! My eyebrows literally went straight up when I saw it. I need that in my life ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive that you're making your own burp cloths. And that mobile is awesome! In fact, I think it would look pretty just hanging in my house! Haha! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo when are you opening your etsy store? ;-) I need that dirt cake in my life and that shirt is so sweet I'm glad you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could totally make that mobile! I love that flower fabric you got for the burp cloths too. I cannot believe how fast your pregnancy is flying by, CRAZY!!!! Enjoy the time you get to spend with your Momma this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That shirt is so cute and perfect for you!! :)
    I have a makeup organizer just like that - it's from Mary Kay and is a lifesaver, especially when traveling!
    Love the mobile - you can totally make that! My bff made a gorgeous one for her new baby out of fishing line, beads, and little mirrors :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that mobile! You could definitely do it with a round punch and paint swatches are such a good idea! Love the shirt! How perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those burp cloths are going to be so cute! I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left! Hope you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh I love everything here- first of all that shirt is complete perfection for you!!! Love it!! Also- you totally got the mobile gril and I was going to suggest paint chips as well! Can't wait to see it when you start/finish! LOVE the burp clothes as well- you rock! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those burp cloths! And that mobile is so freakin cute! these last few weeks will go by fast, enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my gosh that top from motherhood is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete