Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Dirt Cake Recipe

 
I've mentioned Dirt Cake and how delicious it is several times... and I think you would all love to know how to make it so you can indulgde in the greatness. You'll thank me later, I promise.
 
What you need:
1 package of Oreos {or if your like me, have a second package on hand because the more the merrier}
1 - 8oz package of cream cheese {softened}
1/2 C butter
1 C powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 C milk
2 - 3.4oz packages of instant vanilla pudding
12oz cool whip
 
Directions:
• Crush oreos {set a few aside if you would like to decorate the top as shown in picture above} and set aside. {To crush - use a food processor or by hand in a ziploc baggie works just fine}
• In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy
• In a separate bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in cool whip. Mix well.
• Combine cream cheese mixture with pudding mixture until well blended.
• Begin layering pudding mixture and crushed oreos in a serving dish.
• Top with remaining crushed oreos. Scrap the food processor or ziploc bag so you don't let any go to waste! If you wish to use whole oreos on top as shown, I recommend breaking them in half and placing them around the edges.
• Place in fridge to cool for 2-4 hours before serving.
 
** Note: There are many different flavors and colors of Oreos that you can use for this recipe. That is completely up to you! In this particular picture, I had made it for Christmas so I choose red trational flavored Oreos. **
 
Enjoy!
 

8 comments:

  1. OMG I want this in my belly right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um I'm pretty sure I would have to have a second bag because I would inevitably eat half a bag while I made this. lol Looks so good! I think I've made something similar before. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The name of the cake always makes me laugh - looks delish!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so delicious! I need an excuse to make it now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm girl I've been wondering when you would post this!!! I want some for lunch- like only this for lunch hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummm! I haven't had dirt cake in FOREVER and this makes me want it right now! Maybe I'll have to make it for my hubby for his birthday in a couple of weeks :)

    ReplyDelete