Sunday, January 11, 2015

The New Year so far...

Well I have got to be honest... it's been tough to fit blogging into my life lately. I'm not sure if it's because Michael being home every night completely throws off my routine or if it's because I've just been that busy! I think it's a fair mix of the two...
 
Since the holidays {we had a super busy Christmas as usual and then a wonderful laid back NYE at home with just us} There really hasn't been anything overly exciting going on in our lives... besides preparing for baby Joy {who still has no name} and catching up around our house since the hubs is still off work.
 
I'm a little late to the NY Resolution party and I don't have anything major that I'm going to hang over my head this year so it's not worth doing a whole post on. I'm focusing on the usual - eat well, be healthy, and exercise. But more importantly I really want to focus on being a good Mom. I know it's going to be tough for a while and I know my life/routine is going to get tipped upside down, but as long as I am being the best mother I can be to our little girl, I will be happy. Also, Michael and I mutually set a goal to focus on paying as much on our debts {Malibu, RV, and land} as we can and put as much money into our savings {including retirement} as possible so that we can feel more financially stable just in case I do decide not to go back to work. But also so we can update some things in our house sooner than later. As easy as this thought is, it is so hard for us to focus on a strict budget! And that is what we need to do in order to pay off the debts we have and then save more money! #neverendingbattle
 
With the hubs being home, he's been keeping me busy and driving me some what insane. It's been great to spend time together, eat dinner together, wake up next to each other daily, and go do things together. However, it also drives me insane that he's like a man child and I have to tell him what to do, ask him to do this or that, tell him to pick up his shit, etc. Then when I come home from working all day and he wants to know what I'm making for dinner, I just want to bang my head off the wall.
 
Michael was able to go with me to a prenatal Dr. appointment for the first time last week! Luckily, the Dr. office I go to is very nice and when I explained to my Dr. that this was probably the only appointment he would be able to attend and asked if there was any possible way we could get an ultrasound, she said - absolutely! I was so thankful to be able to see the baby on the screen, but most importantly that Michael was able to see her for the first time. His smile was from ear to ear and he was amazed! The baby is super chubby! Her nose is smooshed {which they said is normal}, she had the hiccups, she kept opening one eye {creeeeeepy}, and she was moving a lot! It was so amazing. Such a blessing! They said we have a very healthy and chubby baby girl on our hands!
 
 
I've entered my third trimester of this pregnancy! Which I think is insane... it's flying by! I don't really know that I'm ready for the next 10 weeks to fly by either! I feel like there is so much left to do! But on a good note, we did get the painting complete in the nursery and that was a huge thing to cross off the list. I do like how the paint turned out! Now I've just got to decide what to do for d├ęcor, closet organization and curtains.
 

 
Both baby shower's have been booked and invites have been sent out! I spent a couple nights working on the invites for my Mom's shower because she had a lot to address. She made the invites on Vista Print and I thought they turned out really cute! I made the "book instead of a card" inserts on Pic Monkey.
 
Our maternity pictures have been scheduled for the first week of March with Shanell Photography as always! I originally wanted to have them sooner {when I was 34-35 weeks} but Michael disagreed and argued with me about it. So I guess we're aiming for 37 weeks. Yikes! I've been searching pinterest for inspiration of course! I know it's 6 weeks away.... but I really need to start thinking of outfits. We are thinking about going back to the area we took our winter engagement pictures....
 


 
It's been almost a year since I've had to make laundry detergent. Therefore, I made a new batch again over the weekend. And now my entire house smells like it. But I'm not complaining because I think it smells nice!
 
My thoughts on homemade detergent is - it's awesome!! I will never spend the money on liquid detergent again! After using this homemade stuff for almost a year, I will say that it does just as great of a job of washing our clothes, it smells good, and it's SO cheap! I spent less than $30 on these 5 ingredients and it lasted me almost an entire year of washing laundry. How amazing is that?!
 
This batch I used bounce pebble things instead of the downy unstoppables. You can read my directions here.  {this is front load washer approved and HE washer safe} I store a portion in the large Mason jar and the rest I store in a 5 gallon bucket in my pantry.
____________________________________________
 
Well I think that about sums up what's been going on over yonder so far this year. Well besides all the nonsense that Michael has gotten himself into around the house while he's laid off, but I don't think anyone wants to read about that {welding, cutting wood, wrenching on his pickup, buying stupid shit we don't need, etc}. The projects and stuff he comes up with is quite interesting. Such a man. Oh and notice I don't have any pictures of the dogs lately... that's because I'm chopped liver now that Michael is home 24/7. How rude!
 
In this second week of the New Year, I'm hoping to get back into the groove of working out and blogging! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. yay for Michael being home - and girl stop it, you're gonna be the best mom. i can't wait to hear all about it this year! and oh my goodness, i feel like this has flown by so fast and um yeah i'm not even the pregnant one lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Michael got to see the ultrasound! How special! I just love your engagement pictures! The snow is just perfect! And you've got me convinced on try that detergent! We pay $15 for a big container of it and it may last us 6-8 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that Michael is home and got to see the ultrasound first hand!! Must have been an amazing experience for him!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you're getting to spend more time with Michael! They can definitely be a pain in the ass but it is nice to have them home too! The nursery is looking amazing! You pretty much have me sold on that laundry detergent too, the only thing I worry about it Joes skin sensitivity, he has psoriasis on his elbows and shins and laundry detergent can irritate it, still worth trying though! Happy Monday girl!! Xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your engagement pics!! I can't wait to see how your maternity pics turn out. I am so bad about spending...I mean I just spend like $$ is water. I really need to slow down! I also got away from blogging over the break and didn't bother to recap Christmas, NYE, or the bowl game we went to. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe you're already in 3rd trimester!! So exciting! The painting in the nursery looks great, I like the colors!! I really want to try homemade detergent sometime - my Mother in Law does it and it smells amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe your pregnancy is flying by so fast! I can't wait to see what the picture look like - I'm sure they will be amazing since your engagement pictures are gorgeous, and what a cute idea to do them in the same place :) Aaron and I have the same goals this year - healthy eating / exercise / paying off debt! We had so many big purchases last year I just want to take a couple years and chill on the spending and get some savings built up! It's funny because I know what you mean about having your man home all the time...when Aaron is away and on the road for work I miss him so much, and I love having him home - but he also drives me crazy and creates more mess for me to deal with! haha ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. No lie now that I'm fully moved in with Mark it has totally cut into my blogging! I think it's because of the fact they can't open a door without asking you first about it......I mean...... You know my laundry detergent debacle girl. I'm seriously thinking about bringing it all back to Target and making your version instead! I can't wait to see that beautiful baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that homemade laundry soap too! It rocks! Love the nursery! So cute!

    ReplyDelete