Sunday, March 1, 2015

Bump Watch ♥ 36 Weeks!

Oh look! I'm here with another post about my pregnancy! I'm slightly apologetic about that... it's probably getting boring for my readers... and it's probably rude that I make time to document my life and don't have the time to catch up on anyone elses. I'm sorry friends! I just want to document these moments before I never get to it and/or forget the memories! I appreciate those of you who have continued to followed along regardless as well as those that have shared many great tips, advice, sweet compliments, and support! ♥♥
 
 

How far long: 36 Weeks! 27 days remaining until our Due date of March 29th!

Gender: PINK!! ♥ {Read more about our gender reveal here}


Weight Gain: 34lbs {and still counting upwards at a fast pace... shaking my head...}

Baby Size: According to my apps.... the average is 6lbs and 18ish inches long!  {comparable to the length of a romaine lettuce} However at my ultrasound last week they informed me she is already 7.5lbs.... lordy lordy.

Fun Fact: The baby's bones are storing calcium and becoming stronger but they have to remain somewhat pliable in order to stay flexible as her space becomes smaller and smaller in the womb.

Maternity Clothes: Oh yes! Couldn't live without the maternity pants and leggings. For the most part I wear non maternity shirts although some don't look that great. I wish I could wear jogging pants, hoodshirts, and tshirts every day!

Sleep: Still hit and miss. Between an achy body and having to get up to go to the bathroom, I feel like I'm not getting much sleep. Some days are better than others. I guess it's mother nature's way of preparing for what's to come...

Movement: Constantly! Now that she is getting bigger, I don't feel as many rolling effects, just more so kicks/punches and seeing/feeling her completely protruding from my stomach. She also tends to use my bladder as a punching bag or a pillow. Yikes.

Stretch Marks: Not at this time...

Cravings: Chocolate milk {substituting with a chocolate protein drink}, cereal {eating some as I speak}, cheese and pickles {together, not separate haha}.

Belly Button: Oh yes, of course. That's old news.

Anything making you queasy or sick?: Nope.

Symptoms: I do think that she's dropped within the last week. The weight tends to be more heavy in my pelvic area. My boobs are starting to get slightly sore.

The linea nigra is in full force, Round ligament pain is becoming more and more frequent, lower back pain is constant... boooo. Spider veins on my legs... sore legs... sore feet... Starting retaining water in my ankles {I blame that on the nonsense at work for suddenly having to be on my feet for longer hours} Heart burn/acid reflux on a regular basis and I'm popping tums like candy. Definitely starting to get uncomfortable. Wish I didn't have to say that, but it's the truth.

What I miss: Non-maternity pants. Being able to just bend over and put shoes or socks on.

Emotions: At the end of a long day, I'm definitely exhausted. Yet I can't seem to shut my brain off with thinking about all things baby! Life! Work! Hubby! I'm definitely excited beyond words to meet her, however I'm super nervous and scared as well!

Dreams: None this past week...

Hubby's thoughts: As we all know, Michael's thoughts are the most interesting part of my life these days....

As I finished up the mobile, he made a comment about how I would have been better off spending $50 than spending as much time as I did on this DIY mobile. I wanted to slap him.

Michael informed me of his plan for when we're having our next child already. I won't use his terminology.... but basically he can't wait to get to making the next one. Lord help me!

Michael lectured me about how I need to get my plan figured out for whose taking me to the hospital when I go into labor and start collecting emergency phone numbers. I told him I'm glad he is so helpful {not} and that it's not fair he's getting off the hook with being a part of the labor process {90% chance he'll be at work when it happens}. He laughed and said he wished luck to whoever winds up taking me. I slapped him. Not even funny or fair!

Over the weekend we attended a QDMA banquet. Which is where we met 6 years ago. He thought it would be a good idea to have sex before we went to possibly induce labor so we could have our first child at the same event we met at. No Michael, not a good idea.

Nursery: Slowly but surly making progress!

Glider {Thanks for all the suggestions! We decided on a wooden rocker that was on sale at Babies R Us for only $200! I really wanted one of those comfy glider chairs, but I couldn't bring myself to spend the money!}
Décor - I would like to make a gallery wall of some sort above the dresser and possible her name or first letter of her name above the bed
Mobile - Officially done and hung up today!
Paint mirror
Paint paper mache deer head
Bookshelf???
Closet dividers  
Curtains
Organize dresser drawers and closet
Door knobs for closet
Closet shelves
Baskets for closet organization
Furniture
Bedding
New plugs/switches & plates
Painting

Walls were previously blueish greyish. Michael wouldn't let me paint all pink so he picked the tan and I picked one wall for the pink. And then I threw in the pink closet just because I can...
  
Favorite Moment(s): Going to the Dr. this week and having an ultrasound! My Dad also joined and it was his first time "seeing" her! She of course didn't want to show her face and decided to keep her arms up over her face. One over her forehead and one over her mouth. Little bugger! We also learned at the Dr. that I am dilated to 2 and the Dr. thinks that I will go early. The baby already weighs 7.5lbs!
 
I also went to Babies R Us and exchanged some of the duplicate items from our registry for items that remained on our registry. I think it's safe to say that we officially have everything we possibly need! And luckily enough, we were able to use all gift cards/cash that we received as gifts to purchase everything! Including the glider and ottoman! How awesome is that?!
 
And lastly, Michael and I attending/worked another QDMA Banquet together! It's always such a bittersweet thing because we met at this very place in 2010 at this event. And here we are, a married couple with a baby on the way, still attending the same event at the same place 6 years later. My how time flies! QDMA has been such a big part of our lives since the moment we met. ♥
 
 
 
 
 
 What I am looking forward to: Our maternity pictures this weekend! Praying for good weather and that I can put some outfits together!
 
Not so favorite moments: On Monday morning our propane tank ran out. I spent the first hour of my morning getting ready for work and wondering why I was so cold but just thought it was because I hadn't felt good over the weekend. Then my eye caught the thermostat and I seen the temperature. Thankfully they came to refill it in less than 4 hours. Of course shit only goes wrong in the house when Michael is gone.
 
My second not so favorite moment(s) is the fact that so many people have mentioned baby name suggestions to me. And this past week seemed even worse! Between family and even customers at work. Some of these people I have told we picked out names but aren't telling anyone. Yet, I still get suggestions and "What about ____" or "_____ would make a cute name". No. Stop. I don't need help naming my child just because I haven't announced her name. Is it just us, or is that annoying?!


 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. I love your bump updates but we share a due date so I'm always curious how other March mamas are doing. You're already dilated! I haven't had any progression yet but I feel like she is trying to claw her way out.

    I haven't announced a name yet either and I'm getting more pressure rather than suggestions. Everyone wants to know but we have chosen to wait and I think it bothers them that we won't tell. Our family and friends know and for now that's enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking great!! Your shirt in the first pic is so perfect for you!! I love how honest you are about your conversations w/ your hubby. Men really are from Mars. I love my husband, but totally get things that you write. I am not a big fan of unsolicited opinions! On baby names or other topics. I *try* to remember people are just trying to be helpful, and have good intentions, but it annoys me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. um screw everyone else? you're having a BABY. document the shit out of it.
    also, my stomach dropped a little when i realised 36 weeks is awfully close to like, the end. crazy!!!!
    ugh, sorry about people suggesting names. people are so stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahahah... my best friend is due on the 14th and she was just texting me today about the kicking the bladder thing saying she thought she was going to pee her pants at work! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great!! Almost there! I love the shirt, too! I think it's so weird people are telling you what to name your child!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are literally all baby and nothing else! You look amazing! Ughhhhh I would never tell anyone the name (even though hypothetically someone may have their boy and girl names picked out for years with accordingly private pinterest boards for each......just saying)....everyone has such strong opinions about "oh I knew a Sarah and she was a bitch in HS".....well thank you for that heads up. I secretly can't wait to hear what you picked though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First (and randomly) how tall is Michael? I've never realized how much taller he was than you! Second, You could write a book with the stuff he says! What an awesome feeling to have everything you need and have gift cards to cover it! I can't wait to see how the mobile turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your bump updates! You keep them so real and they always make me laugh and smile, so keep em' comin' girl! You are all baby and look amazing!! People always have an opinion and need to share. You decide to tell them the name whenever you want!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still looking great mama!! You just look like you have a basketball under you shirt :) Hope you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Ericka! You swallowed a basketball LOL :) You are cracking me up with Michael's thoughts! I just want to ask people:: do you remember when you were having your child(ren)?? Do you remember how irritating it was when people thought they knew what was best for you and you had opinions coming from all angles. Ugh. It can be so annoying.

    ReplyDelete