Monday, March 9, 2015

Bump Watch ♥ 37 Weeks + Maternity Photo Sneak Peak!

 

 How far long: 37 Weeks! 19 (+/-) days remaining until our Due date of March 29th! Whoa!

Gender: PINK!! ♥ {Read more about our gender reveal here}


Weight Gain: 31lbs {I was shocked to see I lost 3lbs last week! I'll take it!}

Baby Size: According to my apps.... the average is 6lbs and 18-19 inches long!  {comparable to the size of a honeydew melon} However at my ultrasound at week 35, they informed me she is already 7.5lbs.... lordy lordy... bring on the baby chub! ♥

Fun Fact: The baby's reflexes are strong enough that if you placed a finger in her palm, she would grab it!

Maternity Clothes: Oh yes! Couldn't live without the maternity pants and leggings. Cardigans and Maurices tank tops are my savior! I wish I could wear jogging pants, hoodshirts, and tshirts every day though!

Sleep: Consistently every night waking up twice to use the bathroom and usually wide awake for a few hours sometime around 3:30am. I find that once I lay down I'm not tossing and turning as much as I used to because it's just too much work to move this belly!

Movement: Constantly! Now that she is getting bigger, she is pretty much always pertruding from my stomach. And she sits mostly to the right side of my belly. Which is funny to see. Her kicks and punches are starting to slightly hurt though! She's getting strong!

Stretch Marks: Not at this time...

Cravings: Chocolate milk {substituting with a chocolate protein drink}, cereal {eating some as I speak}, cheese, and most importantly - Reese's eggs! Yum!

Belly Button: Oh yes, of course. That's old news.

Anything making you queasy or sick?: Nope.

Symptoms: This little girl is hanging low that's for sure... the pressure/weight in my pelvic area is a lot lately. A few times I've been feeling some slight sharp/shooting pains in the pelvis as well. I'm assuming those are kind of like braxton hicks?

The linea nigra is in full force, Spider veins on my legs... sore legs... sore feet... Starting retaining water in my ankles, Heart burn/acid reflux on a regular basis and I'm popping tums like candy. Definitely starting to get uncomfortable. Wish I didn't have to say that, but it's the truth.

What I miss: A lot of things...

Emotions: At the end of a long day, I'm definitely exhausted. Yet I can't seem to shut my brain off with thinking about all things baby! Life! Work! Hubby! I'm definitely excited beyond words to meet her, however I'm super nervous and scared as well!

Dreams: I dream about what she will look like a lot. I'm so curious!

Hubby's thoughts: Change of pace here with Michael's thoughts! He wasn't full of piss and vinegar this past week and instead he's been rather excited and anxious to meet this little girl! He hopes that I go into labor soon!

Nursery: I think it's safe we are about done with the nursery! Pictures to come soon of the entire room!

Glider {Thanks for all the suggestions! We decided on a wooden rocker that was on sale at Babies R Us for only $200! I really wanted one of those comfy glider chairs, but I couldn't bring myself to spend the money!}
Décor - I would like to make a gallery wall of some sort above the dresser and possible her name or first letter of her name above the bed (see below picture for the items that I have and I would love to hear suggestions!)
Mobile - Officially done and hung up today!
Paint mirror
Paint paper mache deer head
Bookshelf???
Closet dividers  
Curtains
Organize dresser drawers and closet
Door knobs for closet
Closet shelves
Baskets for closet organization
Furniture
Bedding
New plugs/switches & plates
Painting
The mobile I made is finally done and hanging! Phew! That a relief!

These are the items {mirrior, deer head, floating shelves, sign} that I have so far for the "gallery" wall above the dresser. Any suggestions on how to hang them all? I was thinking mirror to the left, deer to the top right, and shelves below that. I'm hoping the color combination looks okay on the wall.
  
Favorite Moment(s): Getting our maternity pictures done! With the winter weather being in the negative temps last week, I was getting really nervous! Thankfully, the weather was beautiful! It was low 40's, sunny, and felt like spring! {amazing how warm 40 degrees can feel after the cold temps we're used to!}
 
We had the same photographer for several years/occassions and she does a fabulous job! Plus, she's one of my friends. So I'm kind of biased. She lives in my hometown so we had to travel to her for pictures. We decided to go to the river/boat docks and get some shots there and then we changed our outfits and went to a family farm. I can't wait to see how they turned out! So far, I've got one sneak peak to share!
 
What I am looking forward to: Getting a few more things checked off my to do list - such as getting the hospital bag packed {procrastinator... cough.. cough..} and most importantly meeting this little girl! 


 
 
Holy smokes... getting my makeup done for week 37 pictures makes me look deathly white and scary...

 

11 comments:

  1. You look gorrgeeeouuss!! I can't wait to see more of your beautiful session! All that snow! I think your makeup looks great! :) I agree with it being scary.. you will be great! Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning! Cannot wait to see more maternity photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh that sneak peek of your pictures is just gorgeous!! MORE please! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your sneak peak!!! The photographer really captured the anticipation of meeting her, I don't know if I explained that well, but she got the mood right and it is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sneak peek photo is gorgeous!! Now I'm kind of wishing we'd decided to do maternity photos. Can't wait to see more pics and good luck with that gallery wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving the sneak peaks of the maternity photos, can't wait to see! i am so excited for you, i can't imagine how excited you are ;) so sorry to hear you aren't sleeping well and are feeling uncomfortable - that really sucks!! i feel the same about those comfy looking gliders, no way i am spending that kind of money on a chair that is gonna get spit up and vomit and all sorts of stuff on it. no thank you! laughed so hard at 'piss and vinegar' - good to hear!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely LOVE the sneak peak pic! I can't believe how close you are, I feel like it's gone so fast, haha:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your maternity pictures looks so beautiful!! So glad you got a break from the snowy weather and had some sunshine!!
    The nursery is really coming together - looks great lady! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm coming to Michigan just so she can shoot my next pictures! I'm seriously obsessed with that picture! Can't wait to see the rest! And the mobile! I love, love. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhhhhhhh you are almost there!!!!! Ummmmm can your photographer be anymore amazing?!?!? I cannot wait to see more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO CLOSE! Those pictures are so gorgeous I seriously cannot wait to see more! You look so great girl! MUAH!!!!!!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete