Saturday, March 14, 2015

Bump Watch ♥ 38 Weeks



How far long: 38 Weeks! 15 (+/-) days remaining until our Due date of March 29th!

Gender: PINK!! ♥ {Read more about our gender reveal here}


Weight Gain: 39lbs {thanks to the water retaining nonsense. I'm about to stop keeping track because that number is disturbing}

Baby Size: According to my apps.... the average is 6lbs and 19 inches long! {comparable to the length of a leek} However at my ultrasound at week 35, they informed me she is already 7.5lbs.... lordy lordy... bring on the baby chub! ♥

Fun Fact: The baby's eyes and hair have color although it could still change after they are born and become older! Can't wait to see what she looks like!

Maternity Clothes: Oh yes! Couldn't live without the maternity pants and leggings. It's getting harder to dress this bump! Definitely stretching out the shirts! And wearing the hubby's tshirts around the house.

Sleep: Consistently every night waking up twice to use the bathroom and usually wide awake for a few hours sometime around 3:30am. I find that once I lay down I'm not tossing and turning as much as I used to because it's just too much work to move this belly!

Movement: Constantly! Now that she is getting bigger, she is pretty much always pertruding from my stomach. And she sits mostly to the right side of my belly. Which is funny to see and sort of uncomfortable. Her kicks and punches are starting to slightly hurt though! She's getting strong!

Stretch Marks: Not at this time... or at least that I can see!

Cravings: Chocolate milk {substituting with a chocolate protein drink}, cereal, chinese, cheese.

Belly Button: Oh yes, of course. That's old news.

Anything making you queasy or sick?: Nope.

Symptoms: As of Thursday evening, my mucas plug broke. At first I completely panicked. Even though the Dr. told me not to worry when this happens because labor could still take up to a week. That night and through Friday I continued to have some slight contractions every 20-45 minutes. Nothing stayed consistent though.

This little girl is hanging even lower that's for sure... the pressure/weight in my pelvic area is intense!

The linea nigra is in full force, Spider veins on my legs... sore legs... sore feet... retaining water in my ankles, Heart burn/acid reflux on a regular basis and I'm popping tums like candy. Definitely starting to get uncomfortable. Wish I didn't have to say that, but it's the truth.

In the meantime, you can find me on my exercise ball and using some essential oils...


What I miss: A lot of things...

Emotions: I'm scared shitless now that things are really progressing. However I'm extremely excited and impatient to meet her!!!

Dreams: The only one I can recall is that my Mom talked to my brother about him needing to get in contact with me before I have this baby and he never did. I haven't talked to him since he left my house on bad terms last month.... :(

Hubby's thoughts: I think Michael ran out of piss and vinegar because he has been a bit more sentimental and excited lately! I can't recall anything specific he said this past week.



Nursery: I think it's safe we are about done with the nursery! Pictures to come soon of the entire room!

Glider {Thanks for all the suggestions! We decided on a wooden rocker that was on sale at Babies R Us for only $200! I really wanted one of those comfy glider chairs, but I couldn't bring myself to spend the money!}
Décor - I would like to make a gallery wall of some sort above the dresser and possible her name or first letter of her name above the bed (see below picture for the items that I have and I would love to hear suggestions!)
Mobile - Officially done and hung up today!
Paint mirror
Paint paper mache deer head
Bookshelf???
Closet dividers
Curtains
Organize dresser drawers and closet
Door knobs for closet
Closet shelves
Baskets for closet organization
Furniture
Bedding
New plugs/switches & plates
Painting
The mobile I made is finally done and hanging! Phew! That a relief!

These are the items {mirrior, deer head, floating shelves, sign} that I have so far for the "gallery" wall above the dresser. Any suggestions on how to hang them all? I was thinking mirror to the left, deer to the top right, and shelves below that. I'm hoping the color combination looks okay on the wall.

Favorite Moment(s): Getting our maternity pictures done and recieving all of them already!!  You can see more in most post here. It's reallllly hard to pick my favorites but I think these are some of my top picks!
 
Another favorite moment was my prenatal massage!

And recieving this adorable hospital hat in the mail that I ordered off Etsy!
 
 
What I am looking forward to: This baby girl arriving!!!
 




 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Goodness, she is low! I bet the prenatal massage was awesome! Can't wait to finally get to see some pictures..she's gonna be a doll! And that hat! It's too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on baby girl! I bet it happens this week! :) hang in there mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie! You look amazing!! So sorry to hear you're so uncomfortable right now but you are so close! For some reason I feel like she's going to make her appearance a little early but we'll see! I need to jump on the essential oils bandwagon. I think I could really benefit from it. And still obsessed with your maternity pics! Gorgeous!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really hoping you would have had her on the 14th, as that is my oldest daughters birthday, haha! So exciting you lost the plug though...I went into labor within 2 days of losing mine. However, everyone is different!! I'll be thinking of you this week....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eek! You're so close!! I'm so excited for you. You are still looking fantastic, momma! Hope you're feeling ok too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I'm so excited!! Any day now!!
    You're photos are so beautiful, I love the one of you that is the profile - gorgeous!!
    Hang in there momma - and don't be scared, you're gonna be a rock star and it will all be worth it when you get to hold your little miss! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! So close! Cannot wait to meet baby girl! What a fun Spring you're going to have! You're looking glowing as ever!

    ReplyDelete