Thursday, July 30, 2015

Remington Rose ♥ 4 Months

I've had serious intentions of writing a post besides a monthly update on Remington or catching up on life lately... but as always, time runs short and I find myself too busy or too tired. I seriously don't know how other Mom's manage their time! For me... the baby, a shower, eating, and washing bottles is always my priority and once I get those things done on a daily basis when I get home from work, nothing else seems to matter. BUT, that's besides the point! Remington is 4 months old today and this post is all about HER! ♥
 

Weight/Length: Unknown since I can't get work off for a couple weeks, Remington won't have her 4 month checkup until the 19th.
 
Clothes: This chunky monkey is mostly wearing 6-9 months clothing! She has a few onesies that are 3 month size that I keep trying to squeeze her into because I just want to get some use out of them. Sleepers are definitely snug in the length for 6 months because Tiny is just soooo long! I think clothing for infants needs to be reevaluated because seriously, they aren't accurate to reality.
 
Sleep Habits: Well... this has slightly improved depending on the day. If the hubs is home, she sleeps great. Great meaning 4-5 hours. However, when he's not home I'm lucky if she sleeps 3.5 hours at the most. Sometimes she still wakes up at 2 hours. The biggest improvement is that we've got her 99% transitioned into sleeping in her own bed!
 
Eating Habits: Girl loves to eat! She is drinking 6oz per feeding. Sometimes more, sometimes less. She typically eats every 3 hours. Due to going back to work, my milk supply has went way down so I've had to start supplementing with formula. Poor girl is constipated now...
 
Diapers: Size 3 Honest diapers - the cutest diapers you've ever seen! I love them also because they don't cause her a diaper rash like all the other brands did. No cream needed! Which is great because I think that stuff is kind of gross....
 
Appearance: Mini Michael all the way! Her hair hasn't continued to get any lighter but she is starting to lose some. Her blue eyes is probably the only thing she has in common with me! Her chubby thighs are my fav!
 
Nicknames: Rem, Remi, Tiny, Tiny Toots, Pumpkin, Baby
 
Firsts: The day she turned 3 months, she rolled over. Of course at the babysitter's for the first time! She met her Uncle Jeramie for the first time! 
 
Likes: Bath time, talking, her hands, watching the dogs or the other kids at the babysitter's, looking at anything with lights/sound, making faces, looking in the mirror, being rocked to sleep, sucking on her hand/blanket when trying to fall asleep, watching cartoons, being outside.
 
Dislikes: Being stuck on her belly for too long, having to wait to eat, getting boogers out of her nose, the pacifier, not being paid attention to.
 
Mommy's Feelings: I should do a whole post on this topic... I'm starting to feel a little more "normal". I definitely still have my bad days. I feel like a single Mom due to Michael's work situation. When he's home from work it is such a relief and I don't have the anxiety. Going back to work this past month has been a huge adjustment. I miss the days of not getting dressed and spending my time with her and taking naps all day. Although it is nice to communicate with adults at work, I would much rather stay at home and talk baby talk! Luckily, I love Remington's babysitter so it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be to drop her off every day! I'm getting burnt out on the pumping situation so I'm pretty sure I'll be wrapping up breastfeeding in the next month or so. Thankfully, I'm back to my prepregnancy weight (minus a couple lbs), yet I still have a lot of toning to do on that "pouch"! Overall, things are getting better by the week!
 


 
 
 

Catch up here...

4 Months
 

6 comments:

  1. What a beauty, she totally hams it up for the camera. Mine goes stone faced as soon as we try and take a picture. I'm convinced that you don't feel normal until you stop breastfeeding, which is such a drag. I'm glad your transition to work has been so smooth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 months old already?! There's no way! Breastfeeding for this long is awesome so do not feel bad at all for stopping! It's HARD! And like she said up there, breastfeeding plays with your emotions too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, that girl is SO beautiful!!! I agree with everyone else, do not feel guilty if you stop breastfeeding, look at all you have been through and you still stuck to it! You are an awesome mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG she is so gorgeous! I can't believe she's already 4 months, where does the time go?! She really does look like Michael but she definitely has your beautiful eyes!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww she is so adorable!! good to hear you are starting to feel normal again. i can't imagine how frustrating and time consuming pumping is, you gotta make yourself happy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is getting so big its crazy!! Love that little smile and def favoring daddy at this point but hey that could change!! Hope ya'll are doing fabulous pretty lady! xoxo

    ReplyDelete