Sunday, August 16, 2015

Zucchini Bread

Oh hey, a post that's not about Remington! I know you can't believe it...
 
What's second best to a baby?! FOOD!
 
I've had Zucchini coming out of my ears! I mean, my garden. One of my ultimate favorite things to make with it is zucchini bread of course! Especially this recipe that I'm about to share from my family cookbook that my Mom put together for me! It's so simple, and moist, and it freezes so well!
 
So here you have it...
 
 
Raspberry Zucchini Bread or Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
 
• 4 cups- Shredded ZUCCHINI (up to you whether you use the skins or not, I do)
• 3 cups FLOUR
• 2 1/2 cups SUGAR
• 1 1/4 cups OIL
• 1 tsp SALT
• 1 tbsp. CINNAMON
• 1 1/2 tsp BAKING SODA
• 1tsp + 1 tbsp. VANILLA
• 1/2 tsp BAKING POWDER
• 1 cup of your choice - WALNUTS or MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS or RASPBERRIES
 
Mix all ingredients - Bake in loaf pan for 50-60 mins @ 325
 
*If desired, use mini loaf pans and bake for 30 minutes or until browned
 
**For best freezing results - wrap bread in tinfoil before placing in a freezer bag
 
And this here is what my kitchen table looked like after making a couple batches! Yum!
 
What's your favorite recipe for zucchini?!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. i have never made zucchini bread! this looks so good though :) i want a zucchini plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother in law gave us a bunch of zucchini and a big spaghetti squash that I need to do something with before it rots. I am going to make a couple batches from your recipe for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm! I just made some blueberry zucchini bread last week and it was really good. My parents are growing zucchini in their garden for me, so I think I'll be making more soon--thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete