Sunday, September 20, 2015

New Chapter: SAHM

Every chapter has an end. But in life, every end has a new beginning.

My new chapter begins now... As a full time stay-at-home-mom with Remington (plus Jack and Sandy of course).

Three weeks ago I made the official decision to resign from my current position. Even though it wasn't an easy decision to make, Michael and I decided it was the best for our family. Yesterday (Saturday) was my last day. It was hard decision to make and was definitely bittersweet!
Over the 10 month period of being pregnant, we tossed the idea of becoming a SAHM several times. But since I was the insurance provider, we knew I would have to go back to work. At least until the end of the year. As time passed, there were many changes at my office and it became very hectic at times. When I was on maternity leave for 12 weeks, my desire to go back to the chaos was minimal. A I've mentioned, work has been one of the main contributing factors of my stress lately. (I don't want to put too much info on here about the office I was recently transferred to, but I'll just say it was poorly ran, a negative atmosphere most days, and I no longer "enjoyed" my job). Michael and I were lucky enough to get an opportunity to switch insurance around just in case I decided to resign. However, there was a few reasons why I chose to go back and give it a shot. Mostly to pay back the insurance cost I had incurred while I was on maternity leave.. but also because I'm stubborn and I thought I had something to prove that I could be a successful working mom. I had hopes that the office environment would improve and my employer told me things would change which would allow it to get better. Also, there was a possibility that I may eventually be promoted to a different position and make more money. I've always envisioned myself as a career woman. I admired the woman who were able to be stay at home mom's however I never saw myself as one. Until now. Now I know how hard it is to be a full time working Mom (especially with a husband that travels for work). Now I know how it feels to pick her up from her babysitter's an hour before bath/bedtime and not be able to spend more time with her. Now I know what it's like to miss out on some of her first milestones. Now I know how special it is to have the opportunity to give 100% time/effort to my baby, rather than splitting that time/effort between a job and my daughter. Now I know how truly important my job as a mother is.

To the working Mom's out there... You are amazing. It is not easy to work full time AND go home and work full time taking care of your children. For that, I applaud and admire the Mamma's who work hard around the clock!

Over the last 10 years of working at Talmer, I have met some wonderful people. Some of which have become my closest friends. I am forever grateful for the knowledge, experience, and friendships I have built. As bittersweet as it is to close the door to such a big chapter in my life, I am very thankful for the opportunity to start a new chapter as a SAHM. Of course, none of this would be possible without the support and hard work from my hubby! ♥

Here's to a new chapter of spending my days with this chubby girl! ♥♥♥



10 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you!! I hope you enjoy your time as a stay at home mom! Remington is so lucky to spend her days with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you!! Congratulations!! She looks just as excited as you are to be at home with her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You will never regret it!
    I became a SAHM after having my second daughter a year and a half ago. My husband doesn't travel but he is home much six out if 7 days a week because of his job, and it would have been next to impossible for me to manage my job and kids. I never pictures myself as a SAHM, and many days I don't think I was cut out for it, but it's the best decision I could make for my family and I know how lucky I am to be in this position.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats lady! I'm so excited for you to start this new chapter! And who knows? Maybe once she's in school and a bit older you'll work a bit again? And if not - no biggie! My mum was a SAHM for my entire 18 years and I loved it - and I'm so happy you get to spend more time with your sweetie babe :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It helps that your new boss is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww that picture is precious. happy for you for making this decision girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this so much! Very well written! Welcome to the best job on the planet! :) Love u pretty gals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy for you! Is it bad that I'm not even pregnant but jealous that you get to stay home with your cutie?! I carry our insurance as well and I already dread having to leave our babies one day. Hope you are enjoying every single second!

    ReplyDelete