Sunday, October 11, 2015

Kenzie Rayne ♥

Earlier this year, my best friend shared some of the most excited news I ever heard. She was expecting a baby! The even better part? So was I.

 I couldn't have been happier for her. Our baby girls were going to be 6 months apart!

In August, we celebrated Baby Wahl by showering her with lovely gifts. It truly was a beautiful shower. Natalie was glowing with joy.

On Monday, October 5th, I received a phone call that forever changed my life. Natalie's sister informed me that she had went into the ER and they weren't able to locate a heartbeat on the baby therefore labor was being induced. Natalie was 38 weeks pregnant.

Even though there was nothing I could do to change the outcome of the situation, I knew I had to get to Natalie's side. I couldn't imagine what she was going through and just wanted to take her pain away. Even though I knew I couldn't.

Once I gathered my composure and calmed down enough to drive, I headed to my Mom's to stay until I got the clear that Natalie was ready for company. I live 4 hours away from her so being at my Mom's made me 2 hours closer. Natalie was in labor for nearly 2 days. It wasn't until Wednesday that I was able to go see her and the baby. A few of us girlfriends carpooled. Two of us have new babies. Which makes this even harder to grasp.

We spent the afternoon with Natalie, her Mom, and sister, Janel. When Natalie was ready, she shared a keepsake box and told us the baby's name - Kenzie Rayne. Inside the box was her birth certificate, foot prints, hand prints, locks of hair, pictures, and more. Shortly after, the nurses brought Kenzie into the room for us to all meet. She was precious. Such a beautiful little girl. We shared our fair share of tears as we stood aside Natalie before we all had to say goodbye.

It's been a rough week. I'm still at a loss of words. I feel like this is just a bad dream. The autopsy results will take 4-6 weeks. I hope the results will provide Natalie some answers and closure. Please send prayers for Natalie and her family.



"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal"

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is heartbreaking. Prayers to your friend and her family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julie, I am SO sorry for your friend's loss. I can't begin to imagine what she's going through and how hard this will be on all of you. Prayers for all of you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word Julie I can'y believe I'm just seeing this - I am so sorry and I'm literally at a loss for words. Thinking of your friend, her family and you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, I am so so sorry Julie. How heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry Julie - this it totally heartbreaking. One of my best friend's lost her twin boys at nearly full term back in 2011 and it just shattered all of us...I am praying for your dear friend and her family to find some peace in this terrible time - knowing that sweet angel Kenzie is safe and will see them again <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot even imagine the pain of losing a baby. As I hold mine, it just makese so so sad. I will be praying for your friend. I'm glad she has those keepsakes like footprints and hair. I'm glad she had friends like you to be there with her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. I saw your post of Facebook but had no idea that this was a healthy pregnancy. This is absolutely devastating to hear and so sad. I will be praying for Natalie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie, I am just getting to catching up on your blog and even though I knew this was going on I didn't fully grasp it to this extent. What an emotional time but what great friends Natalie has in all of you. Praying for Natalie and her family <3

    ReplyDelete