Friday, October 30, 2015

Remington Rose ♥ 7 Months

 
 
Happy 7 Months tiny baby! As you can expect, taking monthly pictures has become a challenge. There are far more interesting things than sitting still and smiling for the camera. Most of the pictures she's partially on the move or not smiling. Such a sassy girl! 
 
I'll also note, I'm trying to learn more about my DSLR and I'm learning that the lighting mixed with different settings really makes a difference on the pictures. Especially in Remington's eye color. No they are not edited. It's just different spots of lighting in the room and different settings (ie. portriat versus auto). Any tips or suggestions is welcome!
 
I feel like this past month has been a big one for Remington! She's changed a lot, grew a lot, and learned lots of new things! It seems like she just keeps learning more and more faster and faster!
 


 
 
Weight/Length: 20lbs on the nose. The other day she crawled into Michael's bathroom and put her hands on the scale so we said hmm... let's set on her there! Little Miss gained almost 2lbs this month!
 
Clothes: Mostly 9 months but some 6 months things still fit, depending on the brand. Earlier this month I went to my first Mom 2 Mom sale and spent less than $30 and then my Mom picked up some things from a customer and I wound up coming home with a garbage bag full of clothes all 9 month and up! I'm assuming 9-12 months will get us through winter and she didn't have many long sleeve or warm clothes! Win!
 
Sleep HabitsRemington fights sleep like it's her job. Nap time or bed time - almost every time. She gets so restless and exhausted but refuses to go to sleep. She cries and whines and makes all sorts of noise until she falls asleep.
 
She's also teething again so our sleep schedule is back to abnormal. Last month we were on the 3 hour schedule. Then the first 2 weeks of this month she was sleeping for 4 hours at a time (yay!). However, the last 2 weeks we hopped on the hot mess express and we're up every hour or less with one (2 if I'm lucky) spurt of a straight 2 hours through the night. Ugh!
 
Naptimes are hit and miss... there really isn't a consistent time, but she is doing a morning nap and an afternoon nap most days. Sometimes it's a half hour or 2 hours or anything in between! Mamma needs naps at this rate too!  
 
She still likes to have her blanket to snuggle with and chew on when she's sleepy! Oh, and when she's tired she will crawl around to every blanket, stuffed animal, or anything soft on the floor and smash her face in it and chew on it. Cracks me up!
 
Eating Habits: Baby girl loves to eat! We are bumped up to 8oz per feeding plus fruits or veggies with every meal. For the most part, all of her baby food (besides the oatmeal I mix with her fruit) is homemade except a few jars of baby food that were given to us. A baby food post to come soon!
 
DiapersChanging diapers has never been so complicated! Sassy pants doesn't like to stay still long enough to get her butt changed! We're finishing the last pack of size 3. At night, she's been wearing size 4 because she seems to leak?! Ah!
 
Appearance: Two teeth, blue eyes, big chubby cheeks (that I love to kiss!) and big chubby thighs (aka hams) that I love to squeeze! Also, her hair is growing  back in and it looks kind of blonde except in the very back on her neck where it's still dark brown.
 
I still say that she's a mini Michael! 
 
We've got 2 weeks off from physical therapy for her torticollis and we've been working on the exercises at home with hopes that at her next appointment she gets discharged. I think this last month she has made a big improvement, however she still tilts her head to the side sometimes. Which always makes me nervous that it's just never going to stay "corrected".
 
Nicknames: Sassy pants, Stinker pie, Rem, Remi, Remi Roo, Tiny, Tiny Toots, Pumpkin, Baby
 
FirstsRemington met lots of friends and babies this last month! We visited a pumpkin patch for the first time! Had squash and sweet potatoes for the first time. Rode in the car with the dogs (yikes) for the first time while Daddy used the pickup. Mastered her crawling skills and started pulling herself up onto everything/anything! First family photos!
 
Doing/Learning: How to get into everything!! She's crawling around the house like speedy Gonzales, pulling herself up onto anything she can reach (even just a bare wall), putting her hands out and "waving" at things she wants to touch or grab, looking around corners or cocking her head to see something just out of sight, shaking her hands and legs when she's excited, she's constantly learning new sounds with her voice and is a gabber jaws! All day long she "talks" as she crawls around. It's the cutest thing ever!
 
Likes: To bounce. Whether it's standing against something, standing on your lap, or in her bouncer. She's like Tigger! Being outside, looking outside, stuffed animals, bath time, looking in the mirror, the TV remote, any sort of wires (tv, swing, phone chargers, vacuum, etc), blankets, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Mommy's iPhone, the dog dishes, the dogs ball, books, unfolding the laundry, sitting under the cupboard where the gallons of water are,
 
Dislikes: Falling asleep, dirty diaper, getting her diaper changed, getting dressed/undressed, socks, not being able to reach something, having something taken away from her, having to wait to eat, strangers, and riding in the pickup.
 
Mommy's FeelingsI'll keep it simple.. I feel like I've had my share of up's and down's over the last several months. Michael says I'm never happy (Michael can be an insensitive jerk sometimes). Which isn't true because I am happy. I love being a Mom. A SAHM especially. I'm so grateful that I'm able to spend my days with Remington creating memories and watching her grow. However being a Mom/wife also has it's struggles. It's not always sunshine and rainbows. 
  
 
 

Catch up here...
7 Months
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. 7 months already???? She's so adorable! I made all of our baby food too, takes some time but SO worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over how blue her eyes are - she's gorgeous! xo, Biana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've sometimes wondered if it's possible to get postpartum depression months after you've had a baby. Honestly there are days when nothing can make me happy...I mean she makes me happy and I have happy life but it starts to build with the sleeplessness and the more active she is the more never-ending it seems (on top of that I have seasonal migraines so I really don't feel very good some days). I also feel that our weekends are more full now - we try to pack in family time and some social time, it gets overwhelming. There are definitely ups and downs. I know that I'll miss these days but Russell has to forgive me if I'm not all smiles all the time.

    On the brighter side, you're girl is beautiful and I think she is starting to look more like you. Kuddos to crawling, we haven't hit that milestone yet and it makes for one frustrated baby come tummy time every afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bahahaha that last photo. she is definitely sassy, and so adorable. love seeing how much she has changed.
    I'm sorry to hear girl, Michael does sound like an insensitive jerk ;) I hope it gets better, let me know if there is anything I can do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie! She has the most beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those legs! Love them! Why are guys so insensitive sometimes? Pisses me off!

    ReplyDelete