Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Butternut Squash Soup

 
Butternut squash soup is something that I've literally wanted to make for years and for some reason never took the time to do it!
 
Ever since I cleaned up our garden and brought all the remaining squash into the garage, I've been searching for squash recipes to try so I could use up some of what I had laying around. If you ask me, fall weather screams SOUP!
 
So, if you like squash.. and you like a good 'ol cup of soup... then this recipe is a must try!
 
Ingredients:
2 medium sized butternut squash (or you could buy pre-cut squash or use already pureed squash)
2 tbsp EVOO
1 small onion - diced
3 cloves of garlic - minced
2 cans (14.5 oz) chicken broth
3 tbsp. butter (optional)
Cinnamon/Nutmeg
Salt and Pepper to taste
 
Directions:
• Half and clean squash - Place in baking dish with a half inch of water - Cover with tinfoil and bake for 45-60 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and let cool.
• While squash is cooling, heat EVOO in a small pan - add diced onion and minced garlic. Sauté until tender.
• Begin spooning squash into blender - Add garlic and onion mixture - Add 1 can of broth - blend. If mixture is still thick, begin adding second can of broth until you reach the desired consistency.
• Put squash mixture into a pot on medium-low heat - add butter, if desired.
• Add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg and some salt and pepper to taste.
 
I feel like I'm forgetting something... but nope, it's really just that easy! I served myself a bowl with some warm garlic bread. Yummm!
 
Enjoy!
 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. I love the new blog header :) I have never had butternut squash soup, but it looks so tasty I need to try it! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fantastic seasonal flavors...I love butternut squash soup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the new header pretty lady! And this soup sounds amazing! I'm pinning all the soups for the fall weather! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious! I've never tried butternut squash soup but I think I'll be adding it to my menu. And I love, love, love your new design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm. This looks yummy! Also, I love your new blog design! It's so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried butternut squash soup before! It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm garlic bread! haha. this looks delish girl. also, love the new look 'round here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love love love the new blog design!

    ReplyDelete