Monday, November 16, 2015

Weekending | Guns + Teething Baby

 Happy Monday!
 
I couldn't tell you the last time that...
a) I posted our weekend recap
b) I did a link up (I kind of forgot what I'm doing)
c) I am happy on a Monday morning... but the hubs is home for an extra day! Yay!
 
So on that note, I'm linking up with the beautiful Biana for some weekending fun!
 
This weekend was the opening day of gun season. Which is one of our favorite weekends of the year! So of course I planned ahead and made sure my Mom would be able to come over for the weekend to help with little Miss Sass!
 
Remington was ready to cheers to the weekend! Stinker pie grabbed this shot of buttershots out of the freezer Friday afternoon. Anything cold on the gums is her happy place lately! (No worries, it was still unopened)
 
Saturday morning we worked on some baby proofing. The kitchen cabinets and electrical outlets throughout the house officially had to be safety proofed since this little stinker pie is into everrrrrything!  
 
I also worked on our Christmas Cards! I usually design my own on Picmonkey and have them printed at a local shop, however I just don't have time for that this year. I did some shopping and comparing prices and wound up going with Vistaprint. I used a 50% off coupon (BRIGHT15) and scored cards for 57 cents a piece! I really wanted to try Minted this year for their envelope addressing... but even with a coupon, I still would have been spending over $150. Which I just can't phantom doing. We're trying to be more savy with our money and spending money on something that's most likely getting thrown away is hard for me to do! The hubs tried to talk me out of sending any at all... (which I couldn't imagine not doing that) then he tried to tell me to just buy cheap basic holiday cards at Walmart. Men... they just don't get it! Haha!
 
Saturday afternoon we headed out to sight in our guns. Nothing like last minute, the day before gun season starts. I guess that's what happens when Michael is always working. We headed over by the farm rather than by our house where we hunt. It was windy as hell, so it took longer than expected. Remington wasn't a fan of the ear muffs and a spoon is her new favorite thing to play with.


 
 
Saturday evening was pretty low key. The girls arrived for the night and we all just relaxed. Remington has been teething pretty bad in the evenings. Plus she fights sleep like no other so between the two, she was pretty crabby. Therefore, we I drank wine.
 
Sunday morning Michael and I headed out to the hunting blind bright and early. Waking up at 5am after being up with Remington twice, wasn't very fun. But I survived. The morning sit was pretty uneventful. Heard lots of gun shots though. We headed in the house for a break for a few hours. I begged made Michael take a selfie on our walk back into the house. He likes to protest pictures. But I like to have memories to look back on. Therefore, I win.
 
If I didn't take pictures, we couldn't look back on our first season of hunting together in 2010. Babies. Thinner babies. ♥
 
I worked on packing away Remington's clothes that no longer fit. It made me kind of sad that she couldn't wear any more of it. It also made me kind of sad to think about how fast she's growing!
 
Then we headed back out to the blind for the afternoon/evening hunt. Which was much more eventful. Even though we didn't get to tag a deer, it was still nice to be out in the woods and also to spend some time together. Even if we were silent or whispering, it was still probably the most time we spent together in 6 weeks.
 
We rounded the evening up with saying goodbye to the family before they headed home. Remi sure does love when the girls are around!
 
Despite the teething baby, I'd say we had a pretty good weekend! How about you?!
 
 
 
 
 

 

10 comments:

  1. I love the picture of her at the cabinet - looking back to check if anyone can catch her!! Great job on getting all the clothes that she doesn't fit into anymore out and away!!! Happy Monday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a cutie! So photogenic!
    Why do the guys never want to take pictures?! Aaron's the same way too - I'm like, we are engaged, have been together for nearly 5 years and I have like 10 pictures of the two of us!! lol Annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I can't believe how mobile she is already! SO cute! Poor Remington and teething but I'm glad you guys were still able to have a great weekend! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute is your littel lady! teething is the worst, but she will get through that and the drooling eventually :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teething and refusing sleep over here too! Ugh!! Looks like you guys had a nice weekend though! I'm sure it was fun to have some baby-free time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is adorable!! We started on our cards yeseterday. Crazy that we have to really start getting those ready haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remi's rolls! Love them! So glad y'all got to spend time together. Why do men hate pictures so much?! Can't wait to see your Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is so beautiful Julie! But I never would have questioned it seeing her parents ;) I love love love your new blog design! I am playing catch up right now so don't mind all the comments that are about to take place! Remi looks so cute with her little pink sweater on and then just a diaper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that ya'll hunt and your adorable baby is named Remington. Do y'all hunt exclusively with Remington firearms? My friend just posted a pic of his son up in his blind with headphones on and playing on the ipad. Pretty soon that will be your little one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh, shut up. y'all look exactly the same as you did in 2010!! thinner, psssh. haha. i hope the teething gets better and sleep comes soon! good thing she's so adorable ;)

    ReplyDelete