Thursday, December 31, 2015

Christmas Festivities

Christmas gatherings have kept us insanely busy over the last week and a half on top of us all having a yucky cold which has gotten me even more behind on blogging than I already was! The last few days have been spent trying to go through Remington's over abundance of new toys and clothes, cleaning up the house, taking down decorations, trying to get back on a schedule, and relaxing of course. Did I mention how awesome it is to have Michael home with us every day??!

Prepare for a picture overload of Remington's first Christmas!

12.19.15 - Christmas at the Farm
Great Grandpa Erv 
 
12.22.15 Dinner with Grandpa and Grandma Joy
 
12.23.15 Michael and I took a drive to see Nicol's Christmas Light show. It's my favorite! So amazing! Remington lost interest after about 5 minutes. Ha!
 
12.24.15 Christmas Eve dinner with the Mason's (Lolo & Lola)
 
12.25.15 Christmas morning at home and then way too long the rest of the day at Grandma Sharon's
 
12.26.15 Snacks, dinner, drinks, and cards with my Mom and the Furtah family
 
12.27.15 Lunch with Mom, Greg, Aunt Toni, Olivia, Jasmine, and Gammy Julie
 
 
To say our Christmas this year was hectic is an understatement. The fact that Remington and I didn't feel good probably made it seem worse. I've already decided that next year we will have to do things differently. Spending so much time traveling from place to place and then over 10 hours at my MIL's on Christmas Day was waaaay too much. I felt like I was turning into the Grinch. Now that we have a little family of our own, I would like to be able to spend more time celebrating Christmas together and making our own traditions rather than running the roads for so many gatherings.
 
On a brighter note, we were completely overwhelmed and thankful for so many wonderful gifts people gave Remington (and us!). She truly is a spoiled and loved little girl! Although she didn't have much interest in anything besides removing bows off the presents, it was still so fun to share Christmas Joy with a little one!
 
I hope you had a very Merry Christmas! I wish you a New Year filled with love, happiness, success, and many blessings!
 
 



3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! definitely a lot of events and whatnot. and not feeling good? that sucks. definitely do things differently next year, you deserve to have a relaxing christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big she's getting!! She's so adorable and you couldn't tell at all that she didn't feel well! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea how I missed this post...but you could never tell y'all didn't feel good. Both are still gorgeous! And I couldn't agree more with the traveling. This coming year will be the first year Cory and I will stay at our own home for Christmas and I can't wait! We've already told the grandparents they can come over if they'd like but we aren't leaving!

    ReplyDelete