Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Giving Thanks


I hope you all had a nice holiday! Can you believe it's December?! The last month of the year! Whoa!

I'm a little late to the Thanksgiving party... last week I was busy preparing for company and spending time with our families. Everyone just left yesterday after a long weekend visit. Even though it's nice to have company, it's also nice to get the house back in order and get back into a routine.

I feel that being thankful is easily forgotten about until this time of year. I'll be the first to admit that I let little things get to me which steal my joy and thankfulness. Actually, if I'm being honest, that's been happening a lot lately.  Sometimes I dwell on the negatives more than I am thankful for the positives. However, I truly have so much to be thankful for. I need to start focusing on giving thanks not just on Thanksgiving, but every day... and not just on the good days, but also on the "bad" days. 

So today, I'm reminding myself to give thanks - To God. My hard working husband who provides for our family and spends days/weeks away from home to do so. My beautiful daughter who makes me smile everyday. My caring family and friends (blog friends too!). My health. My fancy camera that captures priceless memories. Sleep - even if it's just 5 hours (hello teething). And lastly, hot showers. Of course I could make a list a mile long, but those are the important things I am currently feeling thankful for!

Now to recap our long weekend in traditional recap form considering I didn't take many pictures. Fail.

On Thanksgiving Day, we joined Michael's family for the first time in 5 years since my family wasn't getting together until Saturday. Remington enjoyed playing and watching the other kids.

On Black Friday, I headed to the city to do a little shopping after the morning rush. I really didn't come across any great deals that I was hoping to. I picked up my sister and cousin along the way and headed back home. Michael wanted to go out hunting so I was on a tight time schedule. That evening, I played some games with the girls and had a couple glasses of wine.

Saturday we had Thanksgiving at our house. My Mom headed up after work and I had dinner all ready. Michael had to leave for work shortly after we ate. The rest of the evening was spent playing games with the girls and having a couple more glasses of wine. (see a pattern?!)

Sunday was a lazy day around the house. Except for a little excitement in the morning... Greg proposed to my Mom! Was totally not expecting that! It was also her birthday! We may have had some more wine and played games Sunday night....

Monday morning everyone was getting ready to head home. I spent the majority of the day cleaning and getting the house back in order.

Overall, nothing too crazy for Remington's first Thanksgiving. Mostly just time spent with family and lots of overindulgence of food! But most importantly, this adorable wild turkey of ours that we are forever grateful for!






What are you giving thanks for?!
 
 


     

6 comments:

  1. Your hair!! I love it! I love your post - everything to be thankful for including your beautiful baby girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I can't believe how big Remington is getting! THAT LITTLE TURKEY BUTT... I'm dying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families! There is definitely so much to be thankful for each and every day! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh I'm SO behind because I'm just now seeing this new and gorgeous blog design! We are clearly besties because I just overhauled mine as well and revealed it today! Love it! Glad ya'll are doing fabulous and Remi is such a show-stopper! Miss ya! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great way to spend Thanksgiving! I didn't get many pictures either and have yet to recap! So happy for your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a wonderful thanksgiving girl! and i think we all let the little (or big) things get to us and they take away our happiness and whatnot. i try and remind myself often to be thankful, but sometimes i don't want to be lol. but there is so much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete