Saturday, January 9, 2016

Remington Rose ♥ 9 Months


I'm a little behind (my famous words these days) on posting Remington's current stats! As of December 30th, she is 9 months! Due to the holidays and then all of us being sick, we weren't having any good days to take our monthly pictures! Plus she had a rash on her face that I wanted to clear up.
Weight/Length: 22.2lbs and 28.5" Michael asked the Dr. what's the average weight for a 9 month old. He said Umm.. probably 15-18lbs. Remington is the average of a 12 month old. Ha! Hammy!
Clothes: 12 months. I have to admit, we spend a lot of our days in our PJ's. When I say we, that means me too. Ha!
Sleep HabitsGetting sleep is a real struggle. Typically Remington has her last bottle around 6-7. Then doesn't want to go to bed until 9:30-10. Therefore within an hour or so, she's up to eat again. Which means Mama doesn't get any sleep. The other problem is that you have to make sure she's sound asleep before you lay her down. Otherwise, she'll be up crying and you'll have to spend another half hour getting her back to sleep. We've done the cry it out method. Unfortunately she cries for 30-60 minutes until she can't breathe. :( Once she got sick a few weeks back, I haven't had the heart to make her cry because I know she doesn't feel good. With not feeling good, she's typically up every 1-2 hours crying and then every 4 hours she's up to eat. Long story short, as always, Remington is not a good sleeper and I am lacking sleep majorly. 
Eating Habits: If little miss sees someone else eating, she thinks she needs a bite too! She is doing sooooo much better at feeding herself. Although she still does miss her mouth and makes a mess all over, but that's okay! She typically eats every 4 hours. Has food in her high chair for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and then bottles through the night. Lord knows she can't go without eating through the night yet. :(
She seems to like pears and raspberries the most. She doesn't care for chicken, venison burger, or turkey yet. She also loves toast.
DiapersChanging diapers is not Remington's favorite thing to do however she dislikes wearing a dirty diaper. She is still in size 4 Honest diapers. They just came out with overnight diapers so I included them in my next shipment and I can't wait to see how they are! That would be one less thing to wake her up through the night!
Appearance: Her hair is thickening up which makes it seem to me more of a dirty blonde color. She has 1 more bottom tooth that poked through and 2 top ones that will be through any day! She also has really dry skin with a few rough patches throughout her chest/back and the Dr. said it was mild eczema. 
Nicknames: Stinky, Sassy pants, Remi, Remi Roo, Tiny, Tiny Toots, Pumpkin, Baby
FirstsRemington celebrated her first Christmas and New Years! She came down with her first cold followed by an ear infection. She took her first steps on her own and continues to take more and more every day. We took her to see the Nicol's Christmas light show for the first time. She's learned to climb things and she specifically likes to climb the fire place.
Doing/LearningShe is getting better at waving hello/bye bye. Climbing up, under, and through things is her jam. She's pretty comfortable with walking on her own all the time. She falls down and stands up on her own rather than needing something to pull up onto. When she really wants to get somewhere in a hurry, she bear crawls as fast as she can. She babbles all day long! Once she said "Mama"! She likes to push her walker toy around but hasn't learned how to turn it around or pull it back from being stuck.
Likes: Playing peekaboo and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is definitely her favorite things to do. She got a little couch for Christmas and she loves climbing all over that thing! She loves the remote, our iPhones, the dogs toys, anything that makes noise, books with animals, unfolding laundry, and her blankie.
Dislikes: She dislikes being told no, wearing socks, having something taken away from her, when she is hungry or tired and you set her down or walk out of her sight she acts like the world is ending. She especially dislikes when we go on the other side of the dog gate and keep her locked out. She still isn't a fan of riding in the pickup but she's getting a little better.  
Mommy's FeelingsI have to admit, there were a few weeks in December that I thought I was going to lose my mind. I was frustrated, exhausted, and mad about everything. Then, Michael became my saving grace when he got laid off. Having him home all day, every day has been nothing short of amazing. Even though he typically doesn't get up during the night with her, he is still helping out with tons of other stuff and in the end it has allowed me to not feel so exhausted and overwhelmed! 
 

 

Catch up here...
 9 Months
 
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. What a doll!! She is growing up fast! I love the monthly pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I always say she can't get any cuter, and then she does, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute!! We're in 12 months, 20+ lbs too! Can't believe we're in the walking stage already! ahh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg she is just adorable! Her faces are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i am so sorry she is not sleeping well. i wish i could help somehow! good to hear having michael home is helping though. i would love to be in my pjs most days haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie...I have to say, she is one of the most beautiful baby girls...and I have three so that is saying a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lady!! She is so beautiful - those eyes! And it looks like she has such a great and silly personality!! Love the second little picture in the collage - what a ham! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww! She's so cute. I'm sorry about the sleeping situation. That sounds terrible! I'm glad Michael has been able to help you a bit lately. I'm sure it does get frustrating sometimes. Love her blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that little hammy baby Michael! I just want to kiss her face! I do hope the sleeping routine gets better! (crossing my fingers for that one!) Cheers to 9 months! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just about hit the floor the other day when I saw her walking! 9 months is crazy early, that little girl is unstoppable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just can't get over how fast time is going! I loved her dark hair but that blonde hair is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete