Friday, March 11, 2016

Friday Friday!

Phew. It's been a long week. And guess what, I didn't even leave the house once. But Remington has been a needy little girl lately which makes for some looong days. Despite the exhaustion, I've got a few favorites to share for a change! 
 
First up, this recipe for key lime cheesecake bars. I seen the recipe and instantly craved it. Had to have it. Stat. I made a whole rectangle pan of it and only shared 6 pieces. The rest is already consumed and in my belly. I blame the pregnancy. Whoops.
 
Next important business, some houses. We are kind of at a stand still with the potential buyers for our house (funding) however we finally found some houses that we reallllllly like! We're going to check them out this weekend and to say I am excited is an understatement. I've looked at the pictures on the listings a thousand times. Now to continue praying for our house to sell and that possibly one of these works out.... moving before baby #2 would be a blessing!
 
It's finally starting to warm up (a little) in Michigan... we had two days in the 50's and 60's so of course we went outside. Which meant I actually got my mail 2 days in a row. Ha! Getting a change of scenery and some fresh air seems to cheer up Miss sassy pants and she likes to run away from me so I get some extra exercise chasing her around. Win-win!

 
This week, I've been taking advantage of nap time (what short nap she takes after fighting it for hours) to get some crafting done for Remington's 1st Birthday party! I finally finished some of the garland except I want to get a different string/ribbon to hang it from. I fell in love with some garland on Etsy but refused to spend that much money on it. Pinterest to the rescue! Maybe I'll do a DIY post if anyone is interested?!  Side note... I'm still lacking spring d├ęcor so there's just that big bare spot... hmmmm....
 
Speaking of pinterest, did you see my IG post (@justjuliejoy)?! Pinterest hack for the win! Shelf liner hot glued onto bow clips for non slip! Remington is starting to dislike headbands and pulls them off almost immediately. Since her hair is getting thicker I thought I'd try this route. So far she seems to keep them in no problem and they don't fall out! (knock on wood)
 
 
Last but not least, I got the pictures back from Shanell Photography's styled photoshoot that Michael and I modeled for! They are gorgeous! The details of the event is just stunning! I mean, we didn't look half bad considering we froze our asses off... but that's besides the point! I'm not supposed to share the pictures just yet but this picture doesn't give too much away - teaser! What I do want to share this Urban Decay lipstick in Rapture that the makeup artist used and I am in love! It's different for me and I actually really like it! Add that to my never ending want list. ♥
 
Cheers to the weekend! TGIF!
 
Linking up with Amanda for Friday Favorites because she's my fav ♥
 

9 comments:

  1. That picture is GORGEOUS!! Can't wait to see more. Yay for looking at houses this weekend! I hope everything works out so you can move before baby #2 comes. Moving with one little is stressful enough! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture from the photo shoot! Can't wait to see more!!
    We are looking at finding a new house too - this time with some property, two big dogs just don't work in the city! lol Fingers crossed that everything works out for you with the house lady! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG girl you look GORGEOUS in that pic! Love it!! And you seriously found the way to my heart with those key lime bars! Yessss!! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting that your house hunting - such a fun process!! Hope everything works out! Wooohoo for warmer weather too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photo is BEAUTIFUL!! And the hubs and I have recently started looking at new houses (weighing the pros and cons). It's overwhelming but exciting! Happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummmmm wow you guys look amazing! I am laughing over here because we are house hunting but looking in the "city" and I get excited if a house in a lot bigger than 5000 sq ft and I see these listing with 4-5 acres. I need to move to Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh the listings!!! Fingers crossed for ya'll girl! Also, love the bow hack and the spring decor! Hope ya'll are doing great! MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so beautiful! I follow Shannell's Facebook page and hate she's so far away! Her work is gorgeous! And yay for house listings! Can't wait to hear more about them. And still praying for the selling of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking at those two listings side by side you really get a feel for what to expect down the road. With the one on the left, you get a newer house with less headaches but two stories. The other one is one story but the things in the house are much older and will need to be replaced much sooner too.

    ReplyDelete