Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Remington Rose ♥ 11 Months


 
I cannot even believe this little girl will be ONE at the end of this month! Babies don't keep. 
Weight/Length: Not sure exactly... approximately 25lbs according to our scale.
Clothes: 12 months and size 3 or 4 shoes
Sleep HabitsShe is still doing better than she was a couple months ago but she's kind of out of her 7pm-7 or 8am routine. Bah humbug. Now it's anywhere from 7-8:30pm that she goes to sleep. She wakes up several times a night (2-3 times) crying. Which I leave her there until she goes back to sleep. Then she's up again around 5 and won't go back to sleep. So I've been feeding her and she goes back to sleep until 6:30 or 7. I'm not sure if this has something to do with a growth spurt or teething. One downfall is that the Honest overnight diapers are not getting us through the night and since she doesn't like a wet diaper, I think that's part of the reason she wakes up. Not to mention that typically by 5am she is soaked right through her clothes.
Eating Habits: Suddenly someone does not like vegetables. Nor does she like meat or potatoes. Hard boiled eggs, fruit, toast, and noodles are her favorites.
DiapersWe're trying to use up the last bit of our Honest size 4's. Next order is a size 5.
Appearance: No changes here... Mini Michael all the way! Facial expressions are her jam. Her chubby little legs are thinning out a little bit probably because of all the walking/running she does. However her big ol pot belly is still there! Her hair is thickening up which makes it seem to me more of a dirty blonde color. Her 8th tooth just popped through on the bottom.
Nicknames: Stinky, Sassy pants, Remi, Remi Roo, Tiny, Tiny Toots, Tootsies, Baby
FirstsI'm terrible at keeping track of the "firsts"... The only thing that stands out in my memory is that the first time is that I wasn't home to put her to bed. I was pretty worried how she would do, and thankfully she did just fine! And I'll admit, I couldn't wait to see her in the morning!
Doing/LearningShe knows where nose and eyes and she especially likes to point to Mama's (aka gouge my eyes out). She's learned to drink out of a straw. She is constantly sticking her tongue out and/or licking things. She pretty much always runs every where she goes and tries to run faster when you chase her. She's mastered going down the steps/couch/chair/fireplace backwards, butt first. She loves to wave hello/buh bye. She loves to dance. Especially to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She likes to clap and when we say "Yay" or "Good job" she claps. When she sees something she wants or that excites her she points and makes an "ooooohhhh... ahhhhhh" sound. When she knows she shouldn't have something she will smile, hold it up as if she's handing it back to you, and then run the other way. She's learned how to play with Jack with his toys by handing them to him or dropping them on the ground. So now she tries to hand everything to him, including her toys. She has learned how to put things in front of the couch in order to boost herself up onto it (Lord help me). 
Likes: iPhones, remote, drinking out of Mama's cup with a straw, all things fruit, the doggies, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, flipping through pages of books, books with animals are her go to, bath time always brightens her mood, her car coupe, being in the back room where the dogs are, hanging on Mama's leg all day so she can't do anything else. :/
Dislikes: She dislikes being told no or having things taken from her, wearing socks, if you walk into another room she has a meltdown, when we go on the other side of the dog gate and keep her locked out. All veggies and meats are a no go.
Mommy's FeelingsIt mind boggles me that she is going to be one in 23 short days. It also mind boggles me that we will be adding another newborn to our family in 22 short weeks! I have a lot of worry about how Remington will adjust to having to "share" me and how I will adjust to having to take care of two babies. I just don't want a new baby to take away from the time I have with Remington while she is still so young. On a different note, I've been a little discouraged and exhausted with her being so emotional and attached to my leg 90% of the day. She literally hangs on my legs and cries if I do anything besides play with her. I can't wash dishes, fold laundry, cook, write a grocery list, talk on the phone, or go on the computer. Even when Michael is home, he will try to entertain her so I can get something done and it doesn't work. Yeah, it's adorable and melts my heart that she loves me and wants my undivided attention... but it's also frustrating to have such limited time to work on other things I'd like to do. My to-do list just gets longer and longer by the day. :( 
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Oh you want some pictures of me? First you have to catch me. Oh, you caught me. Insert mean mug. Insert tongue out.
Oh you want me to sit in the chair? I'll wave at you. Then laugh at you.





 

Catch up here...
11 Months 
 

9 comments:

  1. She has such a great personality - you can tell in the pictures!! Love that bit about how she points to your eyes and trying to poke them out lol! xo, Biana BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so cute! You will just fine with 2, I remember feeling the exact same way. One thing I did was have a basket of newer (to her) toys and when she would get real fussy or whiny when I would nurse, I'd pull out the basket and she'd be happy as a clam! I really think having her go to daycare will be your saving grace!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I can't believe she's going to be a year so soon! Those blue eyes are going to get out of a lot of things ;) Haha and I'm right there with her on wearing socks. No thank you! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is such a little ham! I totally hear you on the stage 5 clinger situation! That is going on with Logan and I right now too. It's tough! You might try Huggies Overnight diapers - they work for us and we don't have many leakage issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is soooooooooooooooooo cute love her sweet lil smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh she is totally adorable and cute though! i'm sorry she's so clingy and you can't get anything done :( i hope that sorts itself out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 11 months?!!? I can't believe she's almost one! Such a gorgeous baby girl! AND...I've been MIA from blogland these days {something about a tiny babe consuming all my time!}, so I missed your announcement a few weeks ago....CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww she's precious! What a doll. 11 months seriously?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her personality just shines through these photos! Can't wait to see what all you've got planned for her party!

    ReplyDelete